Honda Fit Forums

Honda Fit Forums (http://www.hondafitforums.com/index.php)
-   Events and Meets (http://www.hondafitforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   S.F. Bay Area Fits- Another Short-Notice Meet Offer (http://www.hondafitforums.com/showthread.php?t=796)

manxman 02-02-2010 07:33 PM

S.F. Bay Area Fits- Another Short-Notice Meet Offer

Okay guys, macbuddy called a minute ago, and he has Saturday free- wants to have lunch and a drive in the Santa Cruz area. I will join him, and anybody else who is available with a Fit is welcome!! I have no idea what the weather will be, so we may be limited in our spirited driving, but it won't be raining in the restaurant in which we eat. A nice drive is still a nice drive, even in the rain.

The two of us will be here if you want to join us. Again, sorry about the lack of manners in the short notice.

Post here if you think you might be able to come, and we will PM the final details. :D:D

macbuddy 02-02-2010 10:44 PM

See you Saturday, rain or shine...

Quote:

Originally Posted by manxman
Post here if you think you might be able to come, and we will PM the final details.

Dave,
I will see you Saturday. I will put myself on the list.

1) macbuddy
2)
3) .........

manxman 02-03-2010 09:03 AM

For macbuddy, and anyone else who is interested, rain looks pretty certain for Saturday. The Weather Channel is saying 70% chance. All that that means to me is, maybe the Santa Cruz wharf wouldn't be the most attractive area for lunch. But we can figue something else out.

It also means that the 90 minute drive over here from the Central Valley will now be 2 hours. If you would rather put this off until better weather is predicted, it's OK with me Mike. I'm open for it either way.

EXWRX 02-03-2010 01:53 PM

I'll be in So Cal on Sat, so I'll sit this pre meet out

manxman 02-03-2010 04:08 PM

We'll miss you Jeff. I hope that your weather will be better than it is likely to be around here (2" predicted over Fri/Sat). Driving? Flying? Where in SoCal?

EXWRX 02-03-2010 04:54 PM

Driving to my nephew's first birthday in Mission Viejo. I'm sorta thinking about taking a pair of shorts along. :cool:

macbuddy 02-03-2010 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manxman
...rain looks pretty certain for Saturday. The Weather Channel is saying 70% chance. All that that means to me is, maybe the Santa Cruz wharf wouldn't be the most attractive area for lunch. But we can figue something else out.

Dave,
What do you think? Two inches of rain gonna make this idea too miserable? BTW, how's the list coming along? :)

manxman 02-03-2010 06:32 PM

One name, yours, isn't a list. That's it so far. We need to give people a couple of weeks to make plans for these things. This isn't supposed to be a BIG storm, and I don't mind exploring some meet sites in the rain. But you are doing most of the work in driving here and back again. Depending on how early you want to show up, we could meet for breakfast at the newly reopened "Summit Road House" at the crest of Hwy.17 on the right/West/Southbound side.

If you are the only one who comes, we could leave your car parked and do the running around in mine. We can choose between Thai, Cambodian, Japanese, Mexican, or plain old American food for lunch, or still go to the wharf if the storm isn't too bad.

It's a long drive for you in gloomy weather, but if you are going stir-crazy, this would cure it. If you want to wait for better weather, that's fine too. LMK.

manxman 02-05-2010 11:05 AM

I don't know if you are still reading this thread, macbuddy, but if you are, the current prediction is for heavy rain to come in tonight and last all day Sat. It was heavy enough to knock out our power last night from 7:00 PM to 8:30 AM (trees falling on power lines). If you still want to come, I'm open, but your chances are good for pooling water on the freeways. Heavy rain would probably limit the enjoyment of mountain driving.

claymore 02-05-2010 11:38 PM

At least your mini meet won't be canceled due to heavy snow like other parts of the USA are getting. :p