Honda Fit Forums  

Go Back   Honda Fit Forums > Fit Forums > Interior

Interior Topic related to ineterior, care, updgrades etc fit it in here...

Old 12-03-2010, 06:54 PM

Fit2bMe is on a distinguished road
Default Cheap Cargo Liners?

Hello, I'm planning to buy them Cargo Liners / Cargo Treys for 2011 next year. I looked at ebay and those prices are not within my budget range now.

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/Parts-Ac...fit+cargo+tray

Can you recommend cargo liners which are below $50? On the site, I saw $49.99 for sale. Those don't count.

They could be unheralded OEM brands like them Chinese made.

Thanks.

Let's be friends on Hushmail!!

lalalalaine@myhushmail.com
Old 12-03-2010, 10:14 PM
manxman

The Elemmat is best, but it isn't cheap. If you want quality, you have to pay for it.

EDIT: The Ellemmat is better, and more expensive, than mere cargo trays because it covers the entire rear floor with the seats folded down. One of the two pieces exactly covers the cargo area at the rear, and the other piece covers all of the rest. If all you want is cargo area protection, the cheaper buy-it-now priced ones on Ebay are worth buying. But it would be unwise to pay $70-80.00 for a little piece of rubber.

Last edited by manxman; 12-05-2010 at 10:21 AM.
Old 12-07-2010, 06:58 PM

Fit2bMe is on a distinguished road

Thanks.

I was looking at the those Chinese made oems but I felt I needed to opt for quality and will have to save up for them Ellemmat.

Let's be friends on Hushmail!!

lalalalaine@myhushmail.com
Old 12-10-2010, 07:27 AM

nweakland is on a distinguished road

Hi I'm from Murdock Industrial, the maker of the Elemmat. Just wanted to let you know we had a deal going on right now for the Holiday Season.

From now till the end of December you can contact us for a special offer

Hope to have you as a customer soon!
Neil Weakland

Last edited by claymore; 12-10-2010 at 09:18 AM.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:07 AM
manxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by nweakland View Post
Hi I'm from Murdock Industrial, the maker of the Elemmat. Just wanted to let you know we had a deal going on right now for the Holiday Season.

From now till the end of December you can use the coupon code DEC2010 and get 10% off your order.

Hope to have you as a customer soon!
Neil Weakland
http://elemmat.com
Hi Neal, welcome to our forums! Thank you for offering this discount to our members. I consider your product a "Must Have" for Honda Fits. The downside of having a huge, flat floor behind the front seats is the amount of dirt, dog hair, and spilled cargo that winds up stuck in the terrible quality "carpet" that Honda provides. The Elemmat makes that impossible.
Old 12-20-2010, 06:27 PM
manxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by manxman View Post
The Elemmat is best, but it isn't cheap. If you want quality, you have to pay for it.

EDIT: The Ellemmat is better, and more expensive, than mere cargo trays because it covers the entire rear floor with the seats folded down. One of the two pieces exactly covers the cargo area at the rear, and the other piece covers all of the rest. If all you want is cargo area protection, the cheaper buy-it-now priced ones on Ebay are worth buying. But it would be unwise to pay $70-80.00 for a little piece of rubber.
Before I got banned by the idiots on fitfreak.net, I posted a DIY on how I split the Elemmat so that it fit the rear seat-backs to allow them to be raised or lowered with the Elemmat floor cover always attached. Originally, I used pieces of Industrial Strength Velcro to attach the Elemmat to the seat-backs.

I just bought a set of stainless steel snap fasteners, normally used to attach boat covers to a boat, from an eBay vendor at dirt cheap prices, and will post a future DIY on using this hardware to attach the Eloemmat to the tops of the rear seat-backs. With the seats raised, you can un-snap the Elemmat and lower it over your rear cargo to use it as a cargo cover to keep thieves from seeing what is under the cover.

Last edited by manxman; 12-20-2010 at 06:30 PM.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:05 AM

floydpo is on a distinguished road

My cargo liner cover arrived today. Simple and quick install. Not much to the cargo cover, so I can see why folks won't drop $120+ for the cover. I like it because, it finishes the cargo area nicely. If need be, it will be a breeze to remove. A quick tip about installing the clips. Slide the clips down the most you can, which can be tricky because the clips are very tight. Do not try to push them straight down. Push one side down at an angle until the clip moves all the way down and then do the same for the other side. That worked like a treat. If you try to push down from the top, they will be very difficult to install.