Honda Fit Forums  

Go Back   Honda Fit Forums > Fit Forums > Brakes & Suspension

Brakes & Suspension Discuss suspension tech here, springs, suspension, camber kits, bushings etc...

Old 04-10-2012, 07:08 PM

LittleRedRock is on a distinguished road

Thanks Claymore for the Awesome Pictures!

Who makes the Blue Intake system? Any dynos on that one?

That Blue Intake system looks like it could supply air to 40+ pounds of Boost!

So HPS makes an intake for the GE8 Fit too I have learned. It seems to have a long pipe to it so Cold Air Induction.

Its seems all the intakes make around 5 WHP.

Leaning towards to K&N and PRM at this point. What is MILS?

That APEX Struct Tower bar looks pretty sturdy. Can you recommend them? How much are they and where can the be bought?

You have the PRM intake - how hard was it to install? Clean? Does your 'seat of the pants' tell you it is making more horsepower? Any downsides?

Gosh, asked you a lot of questions on here! Let me know what I can do for you and the Fit community!
Old 04-10-2012, 09:59 PM
manxman

The PRM Jet Stream Intake makes 11 whp. It is simple to install, and taking out the stock intake system takes much longer than installing the PRM. claymore does not have a PRM intake. I do. Mine is the first PRM intake ever made for the GE8 Fit, because my car was used in the design and testing of the PRM system for the '09 Fit models.

The front suspension on a Honda Fit is STRUTS. The bar that supposedly adds rigidity to the struts is a STRUT BAR.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:22 AM
Administrator

claymore is on a distinguished road

MIL means malfunction indicator light. In the old days it was CEL check engine light because all the computer controlled was engine functions but now the ECM controls a lot more than engine functions alone so it's now MIL. Some people that don't know any better still refer to it as a CEL.

Well golly gee Claymore can still read and gain knowledge so the lack of ownership means squat. Don't forget I was here READING while it was being made.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:17 PM

Thanks for all the Great Info! Looks like PRM is the intake to get. Does it come with decent instructions? Seems like you just need to get the existing intake out of there, slip the new one on and plug in the MAFS.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:25 PM
Administrator

That is about the whole process for installation.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:29 AM

Thanks for the information! Installed the PRM intake on my GE8 Fit Sport Manual. No check engine lights! Impressions - makes more power, when the car is driven normally the intake sound is not particularily noticeable, punch the throttle though and from about 3500-redline it gets progressively louder. When driving hard, the intake is loud enough for it to be a good idea to wear ear plugs to protect your hearing. Under normal driving and to 70MPH on interstate (didn't drive faster), no real difference from stock in terms of loudness. So don't think passengers will tolerate the noise when the car is driven hard - this is probably a good thing. When driven hard, the car does sound llike a race car (and as Loud!). You will not be able to drive this car hard in a stealthy manner. Intake is an elegant design and as easy to install as can be expected. Did not need to remove battery to install nor move battery cable - this may change, keeping an eye on it. Think this intake (and any other) would be much more enjoyable if they were Much Quieter and gave the same or more WHP-in my opinion. Perhaps they can be made from sound absorbing plastic/rubber?
Thanks again for the helpful information!
Now I gotta get a Front Struct Tower Bar!

Last edited by LittleRedRock; 04-28-2012 at 07:32 AM.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:15 PM

09redfit is on a distinguished road

Claymore my name on here is 09redfit. I like the clean look you have created in the engine bay.. How were you able to get more room to reach the sway bar.. I have a 09 Malino Red Fit your just looks so clean.... How did you get your sway bar in with all the
padding and extra plastic under the hood.... Please help Kevin
Old 06-19-2012, 11:57 PM
Administrator

Mine is much easier because it's a 2005 GD and we don't have all the extra "stuff" cluttering up the under hood area like your GE.

Yours can be done but you will have to do some wiggling and figuring how to get around or under all the extra plastic on the GE.

You can take them off for more room BUT the clips holing them down BREAK VERY EASILY so I would try other ways before I thought about removing them.

I would even go so far to say it would be easier to take the upper part of your intake manifold off for more room to work rather then messing with removing the cowl pieces.