Honda Fit Forums  

Go Back   Honda Fit Forums > Fit Forums > Electrical

Electrical Electrical, Audio, Lighting, ECU, Code Trouble Shooting etc.

Old 07-31-2012, 09:43 PM
Marklj is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Horn Upgrade

Tired of the meager OEM horn, I installed a pair of these today:

$20 at O'Reilly Auto Parts

MODEL 320-2T / 114 Decibels- 400/480Hz
UNIVERSAL REPLACEMENT SET, (1 high tone / 1 low tone) 12 volts, 2 terminal connection, bright metal chrome grill and red plastic cover. If you are looking for a HIGH POWERED SOUND then MAXI SOUND is the horn for you! Fits all vehicles. Comes complete with all mounting hardware. Instruction in English / Spanish.

Mounted in place of the OEM horn. Wired it up using 12 guage wiring, 30 amp relay, and 30 amp inline fuse connected to the battery. I used the OEM horn wiring to trigger the relay. Very pleased with the tone and volume.

I had one problem that did puzzle me. After connecting the new horns and testing them from the horn pad in the steering wheel, I tried locking the car using the remote. The second press will sound the horn. But with the new horns, no beep. Tried connecting the OEM horn back up, I got the same result. I started thinking that a circuit somehow got damaged! Then I happened to think that maybe the hood needed to be closed. Closed the hood and tried the locking the car again. All is good with the same beep as always! There must be a second horn for the remote / alarm somewhere.
Old 08-01-2012, 04:06 AM
claymore is on a distinguished road

Nice job on the install and diagnosing the missing beep.