Honda Fit Forums  

Go Back   Honda Fit Forums > Fit Forums > Brakes & Suspension

Brakes & Suspension Discuss suspension tech here, springs, suspension, camber kits, bushings etc...

Old 03-11-2013, 09:06 AM

EXWRX is on a distinguished road
Default Brake Pad reccomendations?

I'm at 90k and haven't changed brake pads yet. Not getting the high pitched squeal of a wear sensor yet, but on hard stops it is making a not happy noise. Not like metal to metal, but not the normal almost no sound at all.
Any recommendations for a good brand of replacement pad? I like a good bite, prefer fairly low dust, but it isn't a huge priority, and want low noise.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:19 PM

macbuddy will become famous soon enoughmacbuddy will become famous soon enough

If you are okay with the OEM pads, I have a virtually new set you can have. If you want "bite" the Hawk HP+ will launch your unsuspecting passenger through the windshield.
With the HP+, there is noise at first, but diminishes over time. The brake dust "side effect" does not go away however.
Caution, once you get accustomed to the high performance braking power, it is difficult to go back to OEM.
Old 10-31-2014, 08:11 AM

der Mond is on a distinguished road

I do a lot of highway miles and replaced my pads with OEM after 130K miles. The shoes are still good. The brakes work so well and have so little issue with dust on the front wheels that unless you are competing, I can't see any reason to go with a more expensive pad. Remember to flush or have your system flushed with new brake fluid; I have been using Valvoline synthetic which is inexpensive and seems to work well. While at it it is real easy to flush the clutch cylinder.

2008 Fit Sport SSM 5MT
PRM JetStream intake
Megan dual-outlet muffler
Progress rear anti-roll bar
rear Koni Yellow shocks