Honda Fit Forums  

Go Back   Honda Fit Forums > Fit Forums > Brakes & Suspension

Brakes & Suspension Discuss suspension tech here, springs, suspension, camber kits, bushings etc...

Old 04-13-2007, 03:30 PM

NewEdgePerf is on a distinguished road
Default Progress rear sway bar released!

Progress, a leader in Honda Suspension upgrades, has released their 22mm rear sway bar kit for the Honda Fit. This is now available. Also, Progress has available lowering springs for the Fit as well.

If you are interested, I have both in stock.

Tony D
Old 01-19-2010, 03:19 PM

vfr_rdr68 is on a distinguished road

I can only find a 19mm RSB on your site.
Old 01-19-2010, 03:35 PM
manxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfr_rdr68 View Post
I can only find a 19mm RSB on your site.
You are replying to a very old thread- 2007, that was written about the Progress bar made for the GD3 Fits. The bar for the GE8's is 19 mm. because it supplements the stock RSB that is already on the Sport model Fits. The stock bar is too weak, and by adding the Progress bar, the handling performance is greatly increased. You can buy directly from Progress at www.progressauto.com, but you may get a better price from New Edge Performance. If you buy from New Edge, tell Tony D., the owner, that maxman said "Hi".
Old 01-19-2010, 03:46 PM

vfr_rdr68 is on a distinguished road

Thanks again Manxman. Will compare prices & order soon.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:32 AM

xm8 is on a distinguished road

http://www.progressauto.com/products.../productID/622

Rear anti-roll bar

Progress anti-roll bars dramatically improve handling. How? They minimize the traction-robbing body "lean" that rolls part of the outside tires off the pavement. Our Sport-tuned Anti-roll bars replace skinny OEM bars and rubber bushings with larger diameter (stiffer) alloy steel bars and polyurethane bushings. More roll stiffness means less body "lean", and the tires stay flatter on the pavement (larger contact patches). The result is more grip and added driver control!

-Less body roll means more traction, faster cornering speeds, and increased driver confidence.
-Polyurethane bushings produce crisp response on turn-in.

Progress Anti-roll bars are cold-formed in-house using our custom-built precision bending equipment. Both laser-cut and CNC bar ends are MIG welded in place using a precise fixture for an exact fit.

Features
-Size: 19mm
-Adjustment Range: None
-End-links Included: No
-All sway bars are powdercoated metallic gray.
-One year limited warranty
Old 02-04-2010, 12:39 PM
manxman

So, xm8, welcome to our forums. Your post seems to be coming from a direct representative of The Progress Group. If so, the welcome is doubled. Progress has earned my respect and trust (and that of MANY people) since I bought your first RSB sold for the GD3 Fits in 2007, and last year, the first one for the GE8. Please let us know if you are the person to whom we should address questions about any of the Progress products for the Fit. Thanks in advance. Jeff Cheechov told me that Joey Berry is no longer the "answer man" at Progress, and I would like to know who (you?) is replacing him.

Last edited by manxman; 02-04-2010 at 03:59 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 01:01 PM
manxman

Well, that mystery is solved. From his fitfreak posts, it is obvious that xm8 just cut and pasted info. from the Progress site, and is not a Progress Group employee. So, I still want to know who has replaced Joey at Progress.