Honda Fit Forums  

Go Back   Honda Fit Forums > Fit Forums > Brakes & Suspension

Brakes & Suspension Discuss suspension tech here, springs, suspension, camber kits, bushings etc...

Old 05-11-2011, 12:16 AM
Administrator

claymore is on a distinguished road
Default Noisy 2011 Fit front bearings????

Seems like another problem is cropping up on 2011 fits. Honda is looking at dealers to collect information for them.

To: All Honda Service Managers/Advisors

Re: Request For Parts: 2011 Fit, Front Wheel Bearing Noise

Background:

American Honda (AHM) is investigating certain 2011 Fits with a complaint of a noise coming from the front wheel bearing.

To fully understand the cause of this occurrence, AHM would like to collect specific parts from the vehicle.

Action Required:
If you have or know of such a vehicle, please call the Technical Research & Support (TRS) Group prior to you attempting a repair of any kind. TRS will need to record certain vehicle information and provide you with further instructions.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:18 AM

lettersoup is on a distinguished road
Default front bearings noise in 2010 Fit

I was told by the dealer that the front bearings were noisy and needed to be replaced. Covered by the warranty, but still very disappointing. Car has 7600 miles/1 year old.
Is this a common problem among 2010's?
Thanks.

Last edited by lettersoup; 06-14-2011 at 07:23 AM.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:10 AM
Administrator

Not really there have been a very few but mostly after changing springs and lots of negative camber.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:49 PM

Keith Grabo is on a distinguished road
Default Noisy 2011 Fit Wheel Bearings

Hello. New forum member...I'm glad I found this site. Can you tell me how you found the dealer bulletin? I am having a lot of trouble with this noise on my new Fit. The dealer I bought it from said nothing was wrong. I went to another dealer and they replaced the wheel bearings, but one side got better and the other side got worse. I rotated the tires, did a coast down with everything shut off...it's definately the bearing. I wonder if Honda has a supplier issue on the wheel bearings? I'd like to take a copy of the bulletin to the dealer I bought the car from and tell them to look a little closer this time. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:07 PM
Administrator

I don't know if there is a bulletin for the GE. There was one that covered the GD. the article above was from a Honda tech but it is just a collect information thing not yet a bulletin. Somewhere there is a list of all bulletins issued by Honda but not sure how to access them. I seem to remember it was online so I would do a search on "honda repair bulletins' or something like that to find them. Then let us know If you find the info I will post it so everybody will have the info.
Old 10-21-2011, 02:24 PM

Keith Grabo is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the quick reply. I tried a couple of different searches but could not find anything that listed Honda Service Bulletins (except one that had a price to suscribe). I did find this thread which looks like it is probably where you found the original piece of information. http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2933874

If I ever get to the bottom of this or at least a repair that resolves the noise I'll post something.
Old 10-26-2011, 04:10 PM

GenuineDrives00 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Grabo View Post
Thanks for the quick reply. I tried a couple of different searches but could not find anything that listed Honda Service blue Headlights (except one that had a price to suscribe). I did find this thread which looks like it is probably where you found the original piece of information. http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2933874

If I ever get to the bottom of this or at least a repair that resolves the noise I'll post something.
Please do. I hate going anywhere in my brothers car because of the noise(sadly my car is in the shop).
Old 10-26-2011, 11:00 PM
Administrator

Found this link for recalls maybe you could call the 1-800 number and ask about your wheel bearing question.

http://www.ahm-ownerlink.com/SEO/Hon...20RECALL%20IDS