Honda Fit Forums  

Go Back   Honda Fit Forums > The Lounge > Entertainment Value

Entertainment Value Video Games, Movies, TV, Music or Thumb Twiddling, whatever fits you.

Old 12-19-2010, 04:56 PM
manxman

Exclamation Good News for fans of Starz Spartacus

For claymore, me, and other Spartacus fans (if there are any)--------
last year we had "Spartacus, Blood and Sand". This series is coming back as a "prequel", called "Spartacus, Gods of the Arena".

It starts on Dish Network on the Stars premium channel, and I assume on DirecTV and cable, on Jan. 21 at 10:00 PM (7:00 PM West Coast). Since the original Spartacus star is suffering from cancer and is not available, someone else will star in the new series. I say it's a "prequel" because in the few scenes that they show on the new series, the owner of the gladiator training camp is shown in the scenes, and we know that he died at the end of the last season.

Last year's series premier was very well done with good writing and acting, but it was made as realistic as possible for the historical times that it represented, so it was very bloody, violent, and sexy- very similar to the long running HBO series "Rome".. If this suits your interests, you will not miss anything by watching the new Spartacus series. It is a story about the lives of gladiators, so you know in advance what to expect. Those guys didn't tend gardens or read books to fill the time.

Last edited by manxman; 12-19-2010 at 05:26 PM.
Old 12-19-2010, 09:02 PM
Administrator

claymore is on a distinguished road

I read online somewhere that this new one is much more bloody and sexy scenes galore pushing the limits somewhat. Can't wait to see if it comes out here.