Honda Fit Forums  

Go Back   Honda Fit Forums > Fit Forums > Electrical

Electrical Electrical, Audio, Lighting, ECU, Code Trouble Shooting etc.

Old 08-12-2011, 05:03 PM

Spir4 is on a distinguished road
Default Change fuel consumption display

Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to change to fuel consumption display for a Honda Fit (year 2001) to a more recent display that shows the real time fuel consumption instead of just the average consumption.
Or is there another way to get this done?

Thanks !
Old 08-12-2011, 05:19 PM
manxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spir4 View Post
Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to change to fuel consumption display for a Honda Fit (year 2001) to a more recent display that shows the real time fuel consumption instead of just the average consumption.
Or is there another way to get this done?

Thanks !
No, not with the Fit. But yes, buy a Scan Gauge II and install it. It will give you the real-time info. that you want, along with a hundred other things.

Last edited by manxman; 08-12-2011 at 09:00 PM.
Old 08-12-2011, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manxman View Post
No, not with the Fit. But yes, buy a Scan Gauge !! and install it. It will give you the real-time info. that you want, along with a hundred other things.
Hmm that looks really interesting!
But how do I know if my fit (a Belgian Jazz from 2001) is OBDII or EOBD compatible? The Scan Gauge FAQ says that is required.

Thanks !
Old 08-12-2011, 09:03 PM
manxman

If you have an OBDII plug in your Jazz, the plug for it will probably be in a hollow in the lower dash in front of your right knee (that's where it is in N/A GD3 Fits).
Old 08-13-2011, 05:27 AM

Quote:
If you have an OBDII plug in your Jazz, the plug for it will probably be in a hollow in the lower dash in front of your right knee (that's where it is in N/A GD3 Fits).
After a bit of a search I finally found what I think is the port:
Click
Could you please confirm that this is it? And are there different kinds of those ports (newer/older ones with different kinds of specs) that might or might not be compatible with that Scan Gauge?
Old 08-13-2011, 08:29 AM
manxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spir4 View Post
After a bit of a search I finally found what I think is the port:
Click
Could you please confirm that this is it? And are there different kinds of those ports (newer/older ones with different kinds of specs) that might or might not be compatible with that Scan Gauge?
Spir4- I'd like to help you, but your photo is so unclear and darkly lit that I can't really see the cable connector that you are trying to show. Here's a link to a cable vendor with a much better picture. If your cable looks like the one in the vendor's photo, the Scan Gauge II will at least connect to it. Whether or not your car's electronics are the same as the cars that the Scan Gauge is made for, I wouldn't know. Good luck!

http://www.ocp.com/automotive/obd2.html
Old 08-13-2011, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Spir4- I'd like to help you, but your photo is so unclear and darkly lit that I can't really see the cable connector that you are trying to show. Here's a link to a cable vendor with a much better picture. If your cable looks like the one in the vendor's photo, the Scan Gauge II will at least connect to it. Whether or not your car's electronics are the same as the cars that the Scan Gauge is made for, I wouldn't know. Good luck!

http://www.ocp.com/automotive/obd2.html
Sorry for the photo. I've only got my phone to take one. There are different kinds of connectors on that site. Mine looks exactly like this, but in black.
Pitty there's no list on the Scan Gauge site which cars are supported.
Old 08-13-2011, 02:16 PM
manxman

The connector on my '07 Fit looked like the vendor photo in the upper left corner. The one on my GE8 looks similar, but I seem to remember that the GE8 one has a cable on both sides of the connector where the Scan Gauge plugs in. Yes, it would help matters if Scan Gauge said what year car models are covered by their product.

You might try posting your question about Scan Gauge fitting and working with your age of Jazz on these two other forums:

www.fitfreak.net
www.honda-tech.com (be extra certain to post your question in the Fit forum on honda-tech). There are MANY Honda models with their own forums there.
Old 08-14-2011, 04:26 AM

Quote:
The connector on my '07 Fit looked like the vendor photo in the upper left corner. The one on my GE8 looks similar, but I seem to remember that the GE8 one has a cable on both sides of the connector where the Scan Gauge plugs in. Yes, it would help matters if Scan Gauge said what year car models are covered by their product.

You might try posting your question about Scan Gauge fitting and working with your age of Jazz on these two other forums:

www.fitfreak.net
www.honda-tech.com (be extra certain to post your question in the Fit forum on honda-tech). There are MANY Honda models with their own forums there.
Thanks, I'll try that !
Old 08-20-2011, 02:39 AM

Well I've just bought the ScanGauge E. Very pleased with it so far, except that sometimes the lhk (or mpg depending on how you've set it up) goes to 9999 :s I've googled a bit, and tried the solutions people give (changing the Fuel Cutoff to different values), but it keeps giving me that weird value.

Also I would like to ask what's the refresh rate of the realtime lhk (mpg) on the fuel consumption display in most cars. Every 2 seconds, faster, slower?

Thanks