Honda Fit Forums  

Go Back   Honda Fit Forums > Fit Forums > Electrical

Electrical Electrical, Audio, Lighting, ECU, Code Trouble Shooting etc.

Old 08-21-2011, 01:57 PM

Spir4 is on a distinguished road

I was wondering if it's possible to change the way the fuel consumption is displayed on my Honda Fit from 2001. I have a European Jazz model, which shows the fuel consumption in l/100km, but I would like it to show in km/l. The manual says that there are models which show it like that, so a modification to my model should be possible right?

Anybody got any idea?

Thanks!
Old 12-05-2013, 11:17 AM

Waldo is on a distinguished road
Default Scangauge II Setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spir4 View Post
Well I've just bought the ScanGauge E. Very pleased with it so far, except that sometimes the lhk (or mpg depending on how you've set it up) goes to 9999 :s I've googled a bit, and tried the solutions people give (changing the Fuel Cutoff to different values), but it keeps giving me that weird value.

Also I would like to ask what's the refresh rate of the realtime lhk (mpg) on the fuel consumption display in most cars. Every 2 seconds, faster, slower?

Thanks
I know this is a OLD message, but feel that the question will come up again for new users of the Scangauge II.

To fix this problem of the Scangauge displaying mpg as 9999 mpg when you let off of the gas pedal, you have to set the Fuel Cutoff appropriately. To do this, read the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) reading while the car is running at idle, mine reads 12 TPS. I like to set the Fuel Cutoff at one number higher than this . . . 13. This will set the Scangauge to continue calculating mpg while the injectors are not working, which is what happens when you let off the throttle. This has worked on all 3 cars that I have setup my Scangauge on.
All time best mpg was on a 200 mile trip at 65-70 mph which I managed to squeeze out 51.6 mpg
Old 12-05-2013, 11:13 PM
Administrator

claymore is on a distinguished road

Good info.