Honda Fit Forums  

Go Back   Honda Fit Forums > Fit Forums > Interior

Interior Topic related to ineterior, care, updgrades etc fit it in here...

Old 02-11-2012, 07:27 AM

zagger is on a distinguished road
Default Dog Protection

I'm new here so I apologize in advance if this has been already discussed to death. I tried searches but didn't come up with anything.

I'm getting a new sport Fit next week and want to haul our two small dogs around in the back end with the rear seats folded down. I would like to find some sort of blanket/quilt/whatever that fits the back end of the Fit (seats down) to protect from water, mud, etc. I don't want carpet or rubber matting since I'd like to be able to toss the thing in the washing machine when it starts to get gross. It seems that the cargo area size is bigger than large towels and smaller than blankets and quilts. Anybody know of a company that makes something like this? Any good ideas on how to hold it in place?

I'm also looking at getting a dog barrier to keep my buddies in the back. A company called Pet Net makes a couple of sizes but I have no idea how well they might fit the Fit. I'd like the barrier to be held in place with bungies or ties - I'm not looking for the steel bar type that is hard to remove or even permanent. Any ideas?
zag
Old 04-04-2012, 07:23 PM

macbuddy will become famous soon enoughmacbuddy will become famous soon enough
Default Here's what we do for Jax...

In my Fit, with the left rear seat folded up, I just lay a huge beach blanket over his doggie bed, which tucks securely into the footwell. In our Odyssey, we use a "moving blanket." It's one of those blankets that mover's use to protect your furniture when they pack all your stuff in their moving vans. Even though it is too big for the area, we roll the edges under to create a "bumper" along the perimeter to keep his toys and stuff contained.
As for "keeping" Jax in the back, he is content with a nice big bone. If you meant that you are concerned about dogs "flying" forward during sudden stops, I don't have that problem. Jax usually slams into the seat back, and goes back to sleep!
Have you considered one of those "hammock" looking units?

Jax and his Frisbee...

Last edited by macbuddy; 04-05-2012 at 02:21 AM. Reason: add picture
Old 05-24-2012, 08:26 PM

Dwalbert320 is on a distinguished road

I got a black double fitted sheet for 10$ and I added a blanket for confort on top.

Old 05-25-2012, 06:18 AM
Administrator

claymore is on a distinguished road

Looks like it would be nice and comfy for you pets.