Honda Fit Forums  

Go Back   Honda Fit Forums > Fit Forums > Brakes & Suspension

Brakes & Suspension Discuss suspension tech here, springs, suspension, camber kits, bushings etc...

Old 05-04-2012, 10:22 PM
LittleRedRock is on a distinguished road
Default GE8: How sharpen steering?

Hello Fellow Fit Owners!

Wondering if anyone has a remedy for this issue? My 2010 Honda Fit Sport Manual steering is Not Sharp. Previous car (2000 Mazda Protege) had Much Sharper Steering (SS). This SS allowed one to drive the car on twisting roads with minimal steering corrections and the ability to place the car Exactly where you wanted it on the road. The Mazda had a chassis brace added to it that dramatically improved steering precision. The Mazda had similar unsharp steering to the Fit before the Mazda had a chassis brace added. Anyone out there found a solution?

PS: If you don't know what I am talking about, you have never been spoiled with Super Sharp Steering - once you experience Super Sharp Steering you will never want to go back!
Old 05-04-2012, 11:25 PM
claymore is on a distinguished road

Add a progress swaybar. Check your tires air pressure.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:28 PM
macbuddy will become famous soon enoughmacbuddy will become famous soon enough
Default here are a few ideas...

I have never had experience with a chassis brace, so I don't know what I am missing. If you have researched such chassis braces, which ones do you find worthy?
As for sharpening the steering, it might help to increase the front tire pressure if you haven't already. I noticed a quicker response in steering when I went from 55 series tires to 50 series. Then again, I noticed a slight change in response when going from 50 series to 45 series tires. Going wider in tires might also help. Lowering your Fit would help, if you haven't already. Maybe stiffer front springs wil help. My GD3 showed quicker turn in after installing stiffer lowering springs. Manxman swears that adding the Progress RSB to a GE8 Sport will improve handling. Konig_Feather feels that the addition of a tower strut bar tightens up the steering. A thicker front swaybar helped mrFroge win back to back championships in his '07 GD3.
Adjusting the camber will affect cornering forces. Increasing toe-out will definitely affect turn-in.
IDK what you have already modded, maybe some of these ideas will help. Let us know if you find the solution to your problem. If you add a chassis brace, and feel that it helps, make sure to let me know, so I will know which one works.

Last edited by macbuddy; 05-04-2012 at 11:42 PM. Reason: forgot to add suspension tweaks