Honda Fit Forums  

Go Back   Honda Fit Forums > Fit Forums > Interior

Interior Topic related to ineterior, care, updgrades etc fit it in here...

Old 12-10-2009, 07:54 AM

erik is on a distinguished road
Default CoverKing Wetsuit Seat Covers via Costco

After drooling over the Wet Okole neoprene seatcovers and realizing I didn't want to spend damn near $500 on them, I decided to get a set made by CoverKing and sold by Costco instead. The cost for both front and rear seats is $269. I also had to pay a $13.50 surcharge because I'm not a Costco member, as well as sales tax of $14.17. There was no charge for shipping, yielding a grand total of $297.66. Here is a sample pic from the Costco website.

Thanks to Manxman for turning me on to them.

I placed the order with Costco on 11/30 and was notified it would take two to three weeks to get them since they are custom made-to-order. Imagine my surprise when I got an email on 12/7 saying they had shipped and would be here on 12/11. Anyway, fast-forward to today when I decided to check the UPS tracking page and learn that it's already "out for delivery" even though today is only 12/10. Those are magic words to anyone who routinely buys stuff online and they always gets me excited. So I'm sitting here at my desk anxiously waiting for Big Brown to roll up and make my day. As soon as they get here, I'll rip them out of the box and try to get a few pics up as well as my first impressions.
Old 12-10-2009, 08:03 AM
Administrator

claymore is on a distinguished road

Look pretty good can't wait to see the photos.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:25 AM
manxman

Yes- the example photo does look nice. Now, you get the joy of removing the seats from the car to install the covers. Oh boy!
Old 12-10-2009, 10:58 AM

Well, they're here......but so is my boss. Gonna have to wait a bit longer.
Old 12-10-2009, 12:25 PM

OK, here they are. I laid them out with the seat and seat backs next to their corresponding pieces.

I don't know a whole lot about sewing or neoprene or seat covers, so keep that in mind as you read this. These look and feel awesome. The seams are very tight and neat. The material is stretchy, but firm. The two front seats have panels designed to accommodate the air bags.

They also have large pockets in the back so you don't have to give up the storage area built into the stock seats.

I know this isn't a whole lot of feedback, but until I get them installed, I won't really be able to conclude much more. Oh, per review of the included instructions, it's not necessary to remove the seats to install them. Of course, doing so might make it easier to get them in. I'll try it "by the book" first and, if necessary, resort to "by the Manx."
Old 12-10-2009, 12:46 PM
manxman

Erik,
Your description sounds like you got a great deal. I was expecting the instructions to suggest seat removal for best results, so I am glad to hear otherwise from you. I have a neoprene cover on my cell phone, and it is a bitch to get that cover on and off hard, shiny plastic. I expected much worse for the stock seats, so let us know how the installation goes. I hope that it is easier than I imagine it to be..
Old 12-10-2009, 01:20 PM

Here we are 30 minutes later.....

Here's a close-up of the headrest. It looks very neat and tidy at the base of the post. This is one area that I was concerned about because it's right there in front of you every time you get in the car.

So far, I'm very pleased. As they wear in, I imagine they will need tighenting a bit, but hopefully they'll stay relatively tight. Next step, the rear seats. These should be easier because it's a piece of cake to get under the seat. It was a bit of a struggle to get my big-ass manly hands under the front seats.

Last edited by erik; 12-10-2009 at 01:24 PM. Reason: typo
Old 12-10-2009, 01:32 PM
manxman

Geez, not bad at all. Maybe the stretchy neoprene fabric will stay tight. If you're not careful, you will become Coverking's best salesman on HFF. R.I.P. Billy Mays.
Old 12-10-2009, 01:35 PM

Lol..

Should i start typing in caps????
Old 12-10-2009, 01:38 PM
manxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by erik View Post
Lol..

Should i start typing in caps????
No! He's dead. Shows you what stress (and cocaine) and heart disease, will do for you.