Honda Fit Forums  

Go Back   Honda Fit Forums > The Lounge > Entertainment Value

Entertainment Value Video Games, Movies, TV, Music or Thumb Twiddling, whatever fits you.

Old 01-13-2010, 09:27 AM

EXWRX is on a distinguished road
Default The Book thread

Here we go! Any books that catch your interest or you'd like to recomend, discuss or ask for reccomendations on, go here!
Old 01-13-2010, 11:22 AM

Norg is on a distinguished road

I have been reading The Road lately, very nice story. My girlfriend picked it up for me after we saw the movie The Road in theaters recently good book.
Old 01-13-2010, 12:25 PM
manxman

Thanks Norg,

I haven't seen the movie yet, but will look for the book. The clips that I've seen for the movie make it look like a story custom-made for Viggo Mortensen to star in.

Speaking of books that became great movies, my Mom sent me a copy of "Dances With Wolves" four years before Kevin Costner did such a great job with the movie. That was a long, frustrating wait for a movie that more than did justice to a great book!
Old 01-13-2010, 12:58 PM

Norg is on a distinguished road

Man you most definitely have to watch the movie it was extremely good.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:59 PM
manxman

It will show up on DishNetwork in a few months. If it's really good, I will buy the Blu-Ray DVD when it becomes available. Viggo Mortensen is one of my favorite actors, and this type of near-future disaster/adeventure/survival story is one of my favorite genres.

Mortensen has made a couple of really good movies with his friend/fellow actor Ed Harris- here's a couple of highly recommended recent movies:
"Appaloosa"- a great Western
"A History of Violence"- wonderful crime story.

See what I mean, EXWRX? In this particular forum, you can't help but blend the boundaries of the subject matters under discussion. I don't feel that it is necessary to start a "Movies (only)" thread, but you can if you want.

Last edited by manxman; 01-13-2010 at 02:05 PM.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:11 PM

Heck no! I just wanted for new people in the forum not to have to look for their book reccomendations in a thread titled Caprica. Thread drift happens. Books and movies about the book totally belong together!
Old 01-13-2010, 04:45 PM
manxman

Yeah, "Dances With Wolves" doesn't mesh very well with "Caprica".
Old 01-13-2010, 05:29 PM
manxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXWRX View Post
Heck no! I just wanted for new people in the forum not to have to look for their book reccomendations in a thread titled Caprica. Thread drift happens. Books and movies about the book totally belong together!
GREAT! People who post about their wonderful new intake system on the "Headers and Exhaust" thread should be subject to SEVERE verbal excoriation, and forcible movement of their ill-chosen new thread to the appropriate forum, etc. But as a forum moderator, I won't jump on anybody who mixes up movies/books/TV series in the Entertainment forum.

See? All of my fancy verbiage comes from a READER. You learn to use the English language as the tool that it is by reading. Last comment aimed at the "TOOLs" of the world, not EXWRX.

Last edited by manxman; 01-13-2010 at 05:34 PM.
Old 01-13-2010, 05:33 PM

NOW you're getting it! Books, movies, videogames, breakfast cereals, orangutangs, fruitbats. . . In this thread, but mess with our car stuff and it's time to set them on fire!!! or maybe not.
Old 01-13-2010, 05:36 PM
manxman

Whut? Orangutans? Fruitbats (wish that I had one as a pet)?

Last edited by manxman; 01-13-2010 at 05:41 PM.