Honda Fit Forums  

Go Back   Honda Fit Forums > The Lounge > Entertainment Value

Entertainment Value Video Games, Movies, TV, Music or Thumb Twiddling, whatever fits you.

Old 01-14-2010, 05:16 PM
manxman

Default The Movies Thread

place keeping for thread

Last edited by claymore; 11-09-2013 at 02:34 AM.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:52 PM
Administrator

claymore is on a distinguished road

The shooter which is based on books by Stephen Hunter great series about Bobby Lee and his father.

Apocalypse Now is my overall favorite movie of all time. The original one not the new longer one. It was based on the Book Heart of darkness which was set in Africa and John Malcovich (spelling?) plays the crazy guy. It's a great movie also.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:06 PM
Administrator

Heard that The hurt locker was pretty good. BUT alas we have to wait until it comes out here. Don't really like Tarentinos work he's a weirdo in my humble opinion.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:09 PM
Administrator

How could I forget "The bridge on the river Kwai" one of the all time greats and the only movie I caught on video tape. Break it out every once in awhile to watch it over. We have gone to that area many times and it's spooky I swear you can "feel" the presence of those guy still hanging around.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:13 PM
Administrator

And the John Wayne bunch of movies. Best of the bunch was "True grit" but the rest are pretty good also.

And speaking of Eastwood movies liked all the old westerns but Grand Torino is great. Working with the Hmong is the reason I ended up here and the movie is very true to fact.

BUT did not like the two Iwo Jima movies too left wing for my taste.
Old 01-24-2010, 11:21 PM
Administrator

"They" know that and that is the reason so many retired cops and military are recruited into "The dark side". How do you think I ended up here?

How's this for a rush my house on that side of the country is right down the road from this......... ah fun sit on the porch and listen to firefights and explosions........

Cambodian, Thai troops in shoot-out

* Published: 25/01/2010 at 12:00 AM
* Newspaper section: News

Thai border rangers have clashed with Cambodian troops near the Preah Vihear national park in Si Sa Ket's Kantharalak district.

Twelve rangers attached to the 23rd Ranger Forces Regiment were on patrol near Huay Khanun dam, east of the national park, when they were ambushed about 9.25am yesterday by Cambodian troops, a military source said.

A Cambodian soldier covers his anti-aircraft gun system at the Thai border. (AFP)
The Cambodians fired RPG rockets and sprayed the rangers with bullets. The rangers sought cover before returning fire. The gunfight lasted about 10 minutes but no one was hurt.

The source said Cambodian forces moved up over 1,000 troops along their side of the border, opposite Ban Samtae in Si Sa Ket, after the clash. Cambodia has denied starting the confrontation.

"There was a small clash," Cambodian deputy military commander Chea Dara said, claiming the Thai side were the first to open fire. "They entered our territory. It was Cambodian self-defence. We don't allow anyone to invade our territory." A military source said the clash came after the Cambodian soldiers barred a Thai patrol from entering a disputed border area. The Thais tried to negotiate with the Cambodians but the situation escalated into gunfire.

Tensions eased after the commanders of the two forces agreed to establish closer contacts.

The two sides also suspended their border patrols for the time being.

The border situation flared up two weeks ago when two Cambodian soldiers were captured for trespassing on Thai soil, according to the source.

The soldiers were later sent back but the commanders of their units faced disciplinary punishment. They blame the Thai soldiers for causing the latest round of border hostility.

Nat Sri-in, commander of the 63rd Infantry Battalion responsible for security operations at Ban Samtae and the Chong Ta Thao border pass near the Preah Vihear national park, said rangers also clashed with illegal loggers when they came across them while on patrol yesterday.

The loggers opened fire to scare off the approaching rangers and then ran off when the rangers returned fire, Lt Col Nat said.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/secu...s-in-shoot-out
Old 01-25-2010, 09:01 AM
Administrator

Hey if somebody wants me I say like Big John McCarthy "lets get it on". It breaks up the monotony when somebody is trying their hardest to kill you every once in awhile.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:28 PM

ekonetics is on a distinguished road
Default Hurt Locker

I watched the movie last night after reading about it and enjoyed the film very much.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:32 PM
Administrator

I get to be the skinny one..............
Old 01-26-2010, 11:35 PM

ekonetics is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by claymore View Post
I get to be the skinny one..............
hahaha

What is another good movie that is about the military? Anything that came out within the past couple of years?