Honda Fit Forums  

Go Back   Honda Fit Forums > The Lounge > Entertainment Value

Entertainment Value Video Games, Movies, TV, Music or Thumb Twiddling, whatever fits you.

Old 03-01-2010, 09:49 PM
Administrator

claymore is on a distinguished road

I will buy a bootleg copy of avatar. Apparently it goes against my principles and is a hit job on our military especially the Marines so I'm not going to give them my money.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:59 AM
Administrator

Default Next with Nicolas Cage

Watching "next" and it's pretty good. After some of his other Bombs this one is not bad. Except I can't stop looking at his WIG.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:17 AM
Administrator

I don't know if you guys get the same movies on HBO that we get but now there is a good movie called "Duma" about a kid in Africa that finds a live Cheetah cub and how they grow up together.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:26 PM
Administrator

Last night watched a great Comic Cop movie called "Beer for my horses". Looks like it may have been out for awhile but it is like Harold and Kumro type thing about a small town sheriffs dept.

There is a Country and western song "Whiskey for my men Beer for my Horses" that is in a good video but it won't attach here. But you can listen to the song here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drEGR-H92EU

Tobey and Willie Nelson are in the movie too.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:43 AM
Administrator

Wost friggen movie ever glad it only cost me $1.00 worst money ever spent. "The hurt locker" is a terrible terrible movie that does a giant disservice to the men of EOD. Rotten from the first sequence totally incorrect in technical operations. That is in no way how EOD operates. Even a layman should be able to figure out that all one had to do is use the robot to go grab the charge that was in the trailer instead of sending a man to do it.

Then the arsehole "Star" shows up and it unbelievably gets WORSE. After the first time he went with no robot he would be GONZO out of here on the psyco bench.

Yanking wires out of the ground by pulling on them and moving the artillery shells ??????????????????????

And why put out a car on fire ....let it burn and either the explosives will detonate from the heat or the explosives themselves will catch on fire and burn up. Totally unnecessary and totally unreal. Pulling and cutting unknown wires WTF explosive charges can and have been detonated by removing power.

Total Bullcrap movie with no redeeming value.

Last edited by claymore; 08-06-2010 at 08:47 AM.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:23 AM
Administrator

Found a great combo of movies by accident. Went to the video store with my wife and since we like different kinds of movies we go to different sections. Looked around and found one that looked interesting to me and another from the thread above. My wife joined me at the payout and she had two and I didn't bother to look at what she got.

Got home and last night watched hers first it's was "clash of the titans" about a guy on a quest during the mythical times with the big gods of myth Zeus and Hades and a couple more and it was good. Kind of like lord of the rings type but back in the Mythical days.

Tonight we watched mine a modern day guy on a quest called "Percy Jackson & the lightning thief" watched it for a bit and was surprised to find IT'S THE SAME MOVIE as "clash of the titans" but set in modern times not back in the old days.

It's not really the same movie but it's the same story line a guy on a quest and has the very same gods and he has to do the right thing and ............... well I will let you watch them. The heroine even looks to be the same actress in both movies.

So if you like action movies about the myths of the Roman gods type of stuff GET THEM BOTH and watch clash of the titans the old times version then watch the modern times version Percy Jackson & the lightning thief.

I wonder if the movie guys did this on purpose or what but they are from differnt companies and different directors.
Old 08-07-2010, 02:27 PM

sooznd is on a distinguished road
Default Mind Twister

I saw the movie Inception------I think I will need to see it many more times before I can figure it out. More confusing than The Matrix.
Leonardo DiCaprio is excellent as usual.
Old 08-07-2010, 10:21 PM
Administrator

Yep been reading reviews and it's getting mixed ones. And a lot of people can't figure it out on their first watch either. At the end do you think he is still in a dream or what?
Old 08-10-2010, 09:05 AM
Administrator

Finally got around to watching "Terminator Salvation" I had forgot all about it and the brewha it caused when it first came out. It finally came here on HBO and it's OK not too bad but I enjoyed the other parts of the terminator series more.

I'm such a fan I even watched the Sara Conner chronicals and they weren't too bad.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:31 PM

sooznd is on a distinguished road

I think he is still in a dream--makes way for a sequel.....