Honda Fit Forums  

Go Back   Honda Fit Forums > Fit Forums > Electrical

Electrical Electrical, Audio, Lighting, ECU, Code Trouble Shooting etc.

Old 04-08-2013, 02:59 AM
Administrator

claymore is on a distinguished road

Glad to see you made it in OK finally. Seems like you know what you are talking about with this stuff that is good we need somebody that knows about audio and computer things.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:51 AM

Waldo is on a distinguished road

I just purchased a new 2013 Fit Base. I was VERY disappointed that it didn't have a Bluetooth connection. But, I've found so much more that can be done through the USB port using my iPhone or iPad. Of course the obvious thing is the radio recognizes all of my songs on my iPhone. I can also get apps like iHeartRadio, Pandora, Youtube, etc to play through the USB port. It's a little tricky, and at first it will sometimes "automatically" stop playing iHeartRadio (or other app) and select my iTunes songs. If I select the app again, and select "play" it will stop playing iTunes songs and play the selected apps sound through the USB port. The display on the radio will most often indicate 534/533 as the selected song number.
Why use the USB port instead of the Aux input? For one, it charges your iPhone (not iPad) with it's 1 amp charging output while it's playing. Secondly, the sound is digital all the way to the radio d/a converter, which means a much better sound quality, Third reason is that it displays the artist or song name that is being played.

If any of this is confusing, don't beat the messenger down too bad. I'll be glad to explain in better details of any part that's not very clear.
All time best mpg was on a 200 mile trip at 65-70 mph which I managed to squeeze out 51.6 mpg

Last edited by Waldo; 12-05-2013 at 11:55 AM.
Old 12-06-2013, 12:15 AM
Administrator

claymore is on a distinguished road

More good advice we need somebody that knows this type of info as my own knowledge on this subject is very limited.