Honda Fit Forums  

Go Back   Honda Fit Forums > General Forums > Fit for Racing!

Fit for Racing! Autocross, Drift, Drag, Togue etc

Old 03-19-2010, 02:40 PM

macbuddy will become famous soon enoughmacbuddy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXWRX View Post
I think he's now using the T1r adjustable shocks/struts.

True, Rich has had T1R adjustable dampers installed since last year.
That "nose down" attitude might be due to heavy braking. Rich is either stomping on the gas, or mashing the brakes...he doesn't believe in coasting!
Also, another possibility is that that may be an old picture back when mrFroge was running the air shocks pumped up to 90 psi. It gave his Fit a steep rake, but it handled well that way.

Last edited by macbuddy; 03-19-2010 at 02:45 PM.
Old 03-19-2010, 06:39 PM
manxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by macbuddy View Post
True, Rich has had T1R adjustable dampers installed since last year.
That "nose down" attitude might be due to heavy braking. Rich is either stomping on the gas, or mashing the brakes...he doesn't believe in coasting!
Also, another possibility is that that may be an old picture back when mrFroge was running the air shocks pumped up to 90 psi. It gave his Fit a steep rake, but it handled well that way.
That is the reason for my last post. But heavy braking with the height adjustability of the rear suspension with the T1R hardware might also account for the nose-on-the-ground photo.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:04 AM

macbuddy will become famous soon enoughmacbuddy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by manxman View Post
That is the reason for my last post. But heavy braking with the height adjustability of the rear suspension with the T1R hardware might also account for the nose-on-the-ground photo.
Actually, mrFroge's T1R units are adjustable dampers only, not coilovers. His hardware does not provide a means to adjust ride height. Although coilovers are legal, H Stock rules forbid changes in "perch height" positions other than OEM spec heights. Therefore, in his class, the extra expense of coilovers would offer no clear advantage (except maybe for corner weighting).

Last edited by macbuddy; 03-20-2010 at 10:56 AM.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:22 AM

Bap is on a distinguished road

I went on 3/21 at mather and their was so many cars their they had to ask people to come back it was so much fun now i need to prep the miata for auto cross should be a good year.
Old 03-22-2010, 01:13 PM

EXWRX is on a distinguished road

when did you get a Miata?
Old 03-23-2010, 03:15 PM

MrFroge is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by macbuddy View Post
Actually, mrFroge's T1R units are adjustable dampers only, not coilovers. His hardware does not provide a means to adjust ride height. Although coilovers are legal, H Stock rules forbid changes in "perch height" positions other than OEM spec heights. Therefore, in his class, the extra expense of coilovers would offer no clear advantage (except maybe for corner weighting).
Hi guys, Yes that is a picture from the 2008 Tour event in Packwood WA with the rear-air struts. There are some strange things in H-Stock that are thought to deal with when you are running an econobox like the Fit. Coil-overs are OK, but you must use the stock springs and can't modify the ride height. New adjustable struts are great. There is very little role compared to before the mod; noticeable when watching the car traverse the course now.

Handling with the BFG R1 fronts and all season Kumho rears make for a very neutral handling Fit.. everything breaks loose at the same time. I'm still leaving another three seconds out there but hope to get more precise in my driving by the end of the year. The 3-21 event at Oakland (very fast, short, but no straights) had the three ('89 Civic RSX, Mazda 3 Touring, and my Fit) of us finishing on the Podium within two seconds.

The new surface at the Coliseum will require more front tire pressure than I used this last time. I'm thinking of starting at 42 psi the next time we autox there.

If you can come by a copy of this month's North American Pylon, the national autox news paper, you'll find a good picture of the Fit executing photo-op turn on the rain soaked Great America parking lot. I had the best time of the day after this run but the Fit for some unknown reason had a Dead Battery when I tried to start for run #3.. Ended up with a 2nd place for the day..

April 11 will be an event at the Castle Air Base and I'll be doing some testing there for my first Fresno event of the year.. Great surface and Fit course layouts.. I'm open if anyone wants to co-drive at the event.

http://www.hondafitforums.com/album.php?albumid=7 Latest solo event photos

Last edited by MrFroge; 03-23-2010 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Added url for new photos
Old 03-23-2010, 10:21 PM
Administrator

claymore is on a distinguished road

Man that looks like fun.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:25 AM

VillageIdiot is on a distinguished road

The forward rake must be the way to go for improving the Fit's handling.... The Swift Mach springs I have recently put on my car drops the front to a lesser degree than other springs and the rear has even less drop..... I really liked the stock handling but the ride wasn't all that great but both improved a lot with the wheel change to Enkei RPF1s and with the spring change the ride comfort and handling is much better than I had expected..... I would have to do a lot to be competitive with the power mods I have and I can't afford what all it would take.......Maybe one of these days I will be able to.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:34 AM

MrFroge is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageIdiot View Post
The forward rake must be the way to go for improving the Fit's handling.... The Swift Mach springs I have recently put on my car drops the front to a lesser degree than other springs and the rear has even less drop..... I really liked the stock handling but the ride wasn't all that great but both improved a lot with the wheel change to Enkei RPF1s and with the spring change the ride comfort and handling is much better than I had expected..... I would have to do a lot to be competitive with the power mods I have and I can't afford what all it would take.......Maybe one of these days I will be able to.
The problem with the forward rake on the Fit is the reduced Caster on the front wheels.. If you can make the adjustment to increase caster, then you'll be ok..
Old 03-24-2010, 09:15 AM

Bap is on a distinguished road

I got the miata in november it is a lot of fun to drive.