Honda Fit Forums  

Go Back   Honda Fit Forums > Fit Forums > Electrical

Electrical Electrical, Audio, Lighting, ECU, Code Trouble Shooting etc.

Old 10-14-2010, 03:46 AM

macbuddy will become famous soon enoughmacbuddy will become famous soon enough
Default ...I believe the BLITZ is okay now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by manxman View Post
Why would you throw it away? Because when it fails on the road, it puts you and your passengers in danger.
Hey manxman,
Thanks for your concern, and don't feel bad about encouraging me to make the BLITZ purchase. I am an adult, and I realize that there is a risk whenever one decides to install unproven products.
The "danger" of my BLITZ TC was that it was turning on and off by itself. I determined the symptom was due to a shorted connection that supplied power to the unit.
Whenever a source of power is introduced to a "healthy" unit, the TC "boots up." During that "boot up ritual," it apparently cycles through it"s modes before the control/display module allows one to chose a setting. The problem is that if this "boots up" while you have the accelerator depressed, the driver will experience the enhanced effects of the throttle controller.
Now that I have resoldered the connections, I feel that the BLITZ TC is safe to use again. I appreciate your concern, and I thank you for that!
Some of my friends call me "macGuyver" because I always somehow get things to work again. As for "junk," I can't throw anything away! BTW, you wouldn't throw away a table saw if you determined the problem to merely be a loose wire connection to the power switch would you?
Old 10-14-2010, 09:30 AM
manxman

If the table saw had a tendency to turn itself on at random times, I would not only throw it away, I would smash it to pieces so that no one else could be hurt by it, and then take it to the scrap metal bin at the local dump. I hope that you have solved all possible weird symptoms, and that no more surprises are waiting for you.
Old 02-14-2014, 04:19 AM

macbuddy will become famous soon enoughmacbuddy will become famous soon enough
Default BLITZ TC...over 3 years later, and still going strong!

Hmm, I forgot all about this post. Just for the record, it's been 3 years and 4 months (used daily), and my "DIY fix" is still working perfectly. Good thing I am not the type to smash things to pieces and throw them away!
Anyway, I've talked to several other people who have also experienced this problem. After picking their brains, I concluded that in all cases, the symptoms all begin after their cables had been subjected to abnormal and/or repeated tugging, twisting, pulling, stretching, etc. In my case, I had a tendency to catch the cable with my knee every so often when I entered the car. Over a period of time, some of those minute, delicately soldered connections eventually broke loose. Once the connections were re-soldered, the unit continued to perform as designed.
Old 02-14-2014, 06:24 AM
Administrator

claymore is on a distinguished road

Good to hear.