Honda Fit Forums  

Go Back   Honda Fit Forums > General Forums > Fit for Racing!

Fit for Racing! Autocross, Drift, Drag, Togue etc

Old 06-17-2009, 10:25 PM
Administrator

claymore is on a distinguished road
Default My Jazz run 1/4 mile 17.03 ET

OK here is my almost stock Jazz on a run here in Thailand. Not too shabby with a 17.03 ET and catching scratch into second.

It's a little dark as we race in the late part of the day because it's TOO freaken hot to run during the day.

Here is a short video of the run.

http://s75.beta.photobucket.com/user...tdrag.mp4.html

Last edited by claymore; 03-07-2013 at 05:25 AM.
Old 06-26-2009, 07:46 PM

08MRFit is on a distinguished road

Good run! Thanks for sharing.
Old 08-16-2009, 08:09 AM

Warturtle Blue GD3 is on a distinguished road

nice i did mine 17.3 with a full tank of gas... next time ill see try to put my 15's and less gas Hoping to break hopefully low 16's
Old 08-16-2009, 10:38 PM
Administrator

Close one we can run heads up. As hard as it is to believe my biggest problem was tire spin slap some tiny slicks on it and it will be 16's for sure
Old 10-20-2009, 03:53 AM

macbuddy will become famous soon enoughmacbuddy will become famous soon enough
Default 17.03 second 1/4 miles?

Claymore,
17.03 second 1/4 mile? Wow, that's pretty quick! I see you are running a 5MT from your video. Geez, second gear scratch? Awsome! Looks like you end up going through the traps in 3rd...well almost, I detected a touch of 4th gear. What was your trap speed? Hmm...stock? No mods? That's impressive!
As for slicks, yeah, that should knock some time off your run. Do you have access to a set? If so, do it! I'm curious.
BTW, I occasionally get scratch in first gear, when power-braking mrFroge's H-Stock 5AT Fit Sport wearing 225/50R15 Kumho Ecsta V710s. I was surprised that a manually, paddle-shifted automatic Fit was capable of doing that. When I try power-braking my own 5AT wearing 205/50R14 Kumho Ecsta V710s, it just hooks up and goes. Maybe I lose some torque by running a straight pipe (axleback). I plan to run with my MagnaFlow (axleback) in place the next time I AutoX.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:59 AM
Administrator

Yea it spun pretty bad in first. I tried 2500 and 3000 and it was the same. Even on the street at a 5-10 mph roll away from a red light or something clutch all the way out and the guy in front moves out of the way it will spin the tires like a funny car until it hits 3500 or so with just hitting the gas hard not even putting the clutch in. And I can catch second at will.

I tried short shifting at 6000 and JUST going into 4 th at the lights but going to 6500 and staying in third and going through the lights almost at redline worked the best.

Tried the stock street tires at 26psi and 30 psi and believe it or not 30 was better. Did a few short dry burns because the handbrake with rear discs will not hold the car back for a real burnout it moves forward.

Had all excess removable weight out mats jack etc but all seats and rugs were still in it BUT ours here start at a shipping weight of 2345 lbs so we get a spot on the USDM ones for free.

Wrapped stock header, my old style ram air system with the filter out, no muffler and that is about it. Granny shifted first to second but power shifted second to third.

It could be better but only did like 5 runs because I'm afraid it will break the spider gears with all that wheel hop and I'm getting too old to be fixing it all the time.

Would like to try out my new style cold air/short ram box system maybe this winter when it's the coolest it gets forgot all those early runs were done at 85+ temperature even though it was at night.

Have to dig out the time slips to get the MPH will post them tomorrow.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:14 PM
Administrator

Mike I found the slips and they are all 133.5 KPH range using a converter online it looks like high 83 low 84 MPH range.

It has more potential but I'm not the guy that likes to slip and slide the clutch to find the sweet spot I'm more the rev it dump it and go type. Nitto has some nice 14" 555Rs that would fit the Jazz quite nice and would do the trick........ someone want to buy me a pair??