Honda Fit Forums  

Go Back   Honda Fit Forums > Fit Forums > DIYs

DIYs place all DIYs here

Old 08-01-2017, 08:03 AM

radioarno is on a distinguished road

I did my valves last weekend, 08 MT LX. Never did anything like this before, taking apart an engine. It went super smoothly, thanks to the DIY on here, Buff Haynes from the other site, and Claymore. I had no problems. Didn't remove throttle body just left it hanging, didn't lose any coolant. Like others noticed the exhaust valves were all around .006 .007 , as were the intake valves. In other words, the intakes hardly move but the exhausts tighten up considerably. There were three intake valves which were perfect so I didn't adjust them at all. Replaced plugs and coils with hitachis. When removing the old coils one of them, #4, the boot detached and I had to put a needlenose plier down the hatch to pull out the boot. The spring stretched, and when I tried to retension the spring it broke, so I had to replace that coil, and decided to do all 4 since its 92000 miles and due. Torqued plugs to spec, used antiseize. I'll check the plugs again in a couple of weeks to make sure they're adequately torqued. Removing the airbox was much easier than anticipated. So, to anyone who is afraid of doing this kind of work, know from this newbie that's it's actually not difficult. You have to be methodical. Check your work. Don't rush. Take breaks. Have a friend to turn the crank. thanks everyone. No ticking after it was done. The engine was unusually quiet. Its actually fun.
Old 08-03-2017, 01:53 AM
Administrator

claymore is on a distinguished road

Well that is good news that you got it done with no problems. That is an accomplishment to be proud of for someone that never did it before.

Feels pretty good doesn't it.