Honda Fit Forums  

Go Back   Honda Fit Forums > General Forums > Fit News reports

Fit News reports Put all the things you find in the news about Fit/Jazz here.

Old 06-17-2010, 01:31 AM

CuTeBoi is on a distinguished road
Default Honda Ridgeline...

I'm looking at the Ridgeline, what's a decent price for the full package used from 2007?

I keep seeing ranges from $16k to $34k with about 60k ~ +100K miles...

ideas? What should I look for so I don't get burned, looking at Dealers and private party on craigslist, I'll be buying sometime at the end of this year.... When I've paid off my car.

And I typed this when tired, just because it was on my mind, and I would forget to do it later.

-Tony
Old 06-17-2010, 10:19 AM
manxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuTeBoi View Post
I'm looking at the Ridgeline, what's a decent price for the full package used from 2007?

I keep seeing ranges from $16k to $34k with about 60k ~ +100K miles...

ideas? What should I look for so I don't get burned, looking at Dealers and private party on craigslist, I'll be buying sometime at the end of this year.... When I've paid off my car.

And I typed this when tired, just because it was on my mind, and I would forget to do it later.

-Tony
www.cars.com is a great on-line place to find/buy or sell cars. You will see private party and dealership vehicles for sale. Also, I have a friend who can probably get you into the dealers-only auto auction in Hayward. Every Wednesday, they sell 3000 vehicles. My friend will supply you with false ID as a dealer, but he does the bidding for you on whatever vehicles you want to bid on. If you find a vehicle and he is successful in the bid, you pay him a fee of $400. for handling the buy. There is no charge if you are unsuccessful. I bought a truck and a van this way, and paid $3000. less than the KBB retail value on my truck, and 5K less than retail on the van. I drove the truck for three years, and sold it on cars.com for more than I paid for it at the auction. I sold the van on cars.com too, and got the same price that we paid at auction.

This is an easy way to save a LOT of money- you are bidding against dealers who are paying rock bottom prices to buy stock for their used car lots. Condition of the vehicles is poster-painted on the windshields, and condition is guaranteed by the auction. Many of the cars are lease-returns, in like-new condition, only 1-2 years old. All vehicles have either a green, yellow, or red circle painted on the windshield. Stay away from anything that doesn't have the green circle. The yellow cars have problems that are fixable, and the problems are identified for you. Reds are not driveable, and are usually classics being sold for the bodies or parts (you have to haul them away).

LMK if you are interested, and I will contact my dealer friend to see if he still offers this service.

Last edited by manxman; 06-17-2010 at 10:27 AM.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:06 PM

oh em geee!

I will take advantage of this, this will be a good reason to come back to california for

But if it's on a wednesday, it would be hard for me to take that day off, but since this is in 5~6 months from now, I could take off for vacation at that time for the week, and do stuff!

This sounds like a plan!
Old 06-18-2010, 12:10 AM
manxman

OK Tony,

I will have plenty of time to call my friend and find out if he still does this service for people. His normal job is Real Estate Agent. I'm betting that car sales has become even more important to his overall income over the last couple of years. Just be sure to let me know when you are back, and ready to try this auction idea.

BTW, there is a car auction in Pleasanton that does a lot of TV advertising. Do Not Go to that one. All of the cars sold at the Pleasanton auction are actually purchased at the dealer-only auction in Hayward, and then re-sold again in Pleasanton.
Old 06-20-2010, 03:20 AM

wow, hahaha, awesome.

Well, I'll try and come back in December/January if my finances work out as planned.

I leave this coming tuesday, I have the uhaul trailer attached, and I'm practicing with a slight load of useless junk in the trailer and in the car that i have to toss in the dumps on Monday. SO far, I can handle it quite well, and my car doesn't sag too much. I'm able to back the car into parallel parking spots with some room to spare in a 2 car spot.

Truck should make it easier to tow my car, and with the practice with the trailer, this is awesome. I will have options soon.
Old 06-20-2010, 02:12 PM
manxman

Good luck on your trip, going and coming back! You are not going to like the summer heat with the Great Lakes humidity---
Old 06-21-2010, 07:48 AM

I love the heat of the great lakes!! it rains randomly when girls are wearing nothing but tiny skirts or shorts... amazing what girls don't wear in Chicago... but they always have an umbrella on hand to try and stay dry!