Honda Fit Forums  

Go Back   Honda Fit Forums > General Forums > Honda Fit Forums News, Updates, Rules etc

Honda Fit Forums News, Updates, Rules etc New to Honda Fit Forums, Read what's currently going on here!

Old 07-09-2013, 08:59 AM

der Mond is on a distinguished road
Default 100K report

6 Alaska winters, 104K miles, and runs better than new. The only thing replaced aside from the expected maintenance items and upgrades is the A/C combination dashboard switch. Was able to pull the dash panel and replace it myself. Learned not to wash the underside in the winter, it freezes the brake cables and the ABS locks up. And below -40 F. it runs a little funny until it warms up. What a car! Claymore noticed in my photos of the components replaced at 65K miles that one plug had not been torqued properly from the factory. After adjusting the valves and new Denso Iridium plugs, the car picked up 2 mpg. I use Mobil 1 and change it every 3K miles; the oil on the dipstick is never dirty. The Fit is the best car I have ever owned and I'm looking forward to 300K or even 500K miles, who knows.

2008 Fit Sport SSM 5MT
PRM JetStream intake
Megan dual-outlet muffler
Progress rear anti-roll bar
rear Koni Yellow shocks
Old 07-09-2013, 11:36 AM
Administrator

claymore is on a distinguished road

Great report. Hope you are getting some sun now so you can thaw out. We thought a bear got you or something you went all quiet on us.
Old 12-04-2013, 04:24 AM

Waldo is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the post. As a new Fit owner myself, I have been asking around as to what maintenance to expect on the car, and how well it held up.
I spoke with a co-worker yesterday that owns a 2008 Honda Fit Sport. At 97k miles he stated that he's replaces oil & filter every 10k miles with stock oil (not synthetic). He replaced the air filter a few times. And replaced the tires once. And just replaced the battery. NOTHING else has been done to it. I looked at the engine compartment and it has NO oil leaks. I was VERY impressed.

Last edited by Waldo; 12-04-2013 at 04:32 AM. Reason: add mileage
Old 12-04-2013, 08:13 AM

FITnWV is on a distinguished road

My 2008 FIT is currently at @ 198,000 miles. Aside from regular maintenance & tires, I've had the brakes replaced, and a new shifter cable put in... and I've recently been wondering what might go "wrong", despite the fact that there's no indication of anything about to go "wrong"!
Old 12-04-2013, 09:02 AM
Administrator

With regular maintenance some other people have 300,000 miles on theirs. Very reliable cars for sure.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:53 AM

Waldo is on a distinguished road

I guess they haven't been out long enough to get much information on ease of owner performed maintenance? With the Chevrolet Metro's we had one heck of a support team because most of us repaired our own vehicles, including rebuilding engines, transmissions, etc.
I'm thankful for what we have here, but think we could really learn something by following the style of geometroforum.com
All time best mpg was on a 200 mile trip at 65-70 mph which I managed to squeeze out 51.6 mpg
Old 12-04-2013, 07:29 PM
Administrator

They are very easy to DIY your maintenance and I would think a majority of owners do it. Others do parts of it that they feel comfortable attempting. Some of our lady members did some DIY stuff for the first time with a little encouragement for other members and were glad they did.