Honda Fit Forums  

Go Back   Honda Fit Forums > General Forums > Fit News reports

Fit News reports Put all the things you find in the news about Fit/Jazz here.

Old 07-20-2014, 02:05 PM

FITnWV is on a distinguished road
Default getting a 2015 Fit Ex this week

I have a 2008 Fit Sport - in June I had all the maintenance done (new spark plugs, brakes, changed transmission fluid & oil to the tune of $289 at my favorite vo-tech center), and last Tuesday I noticed gunk on the back of the car. Checked for obvious leaks, found none, took it to my favorite vo-tech center Wednesday and they said it appeared that transmission fluid was leaking... promptly took it to my local Honda dealer for repair. They couldn't do repairs that day, so I rented a car. Called the next day, and it turns out there is a leak in the rear differential that would cost less than $40 in parts, but 8 hours of labor... total $716, and they couldn't get to it until 7/28.

I KNOW my little Fit noticed that I had stopped by the dealership the week prior to check out the 2015 Fit EX, and it was just getting back at me for lack of confidence after 216,000 faithful miles.

Anyway, I'm going for the 2015 Fit EX - hopefully will pick it up Tuesday - and will sell the 2008 sometime soon. KBB value is $4400, but I'll settle for $3500... especially since I'm paying for the abovementioned repair, and have recently paid for a new battery and tires.

WELL WORTH the $14,000 I paid for the little guy!!
Old 07-20-2014, 09:20 PM

macbuddy will become famous soon enoughmacbuddy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by FITnWV View Post
...it turns out there is a leak in the rear differential...
Does your Fit have 4WD?
Old 07-20-2014, 11:06 PM
Administrator

claymore is on a distinguished road

Congrats on thinking about a new FIT if you get it you will be our first member with one. That is pretty good mileage from you present one.
Old 07-24-2014, 08:51 AM

re 4wd - no... but that's what I think the service manager said - some seal is leaking where they have to basically take the car apart to fix it...
Old 07-24-2014, 08:54 AM

Talking

the Tuesday pick up did not happen... Getting it this afternoon.

A Honda question: why ship only one 2015 Fit at a time to a dealership? The Charleston WV Honda dealer spent 5 days scrambling around for one before admitting defeat & sending me to his competitor who had ONE.

so HONDA: SHIP THEM AND THEY WILL SELL!
Old 07-24-2014, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claymore View Post
Congrats on thinking about a new FIT if you get it you will be our first member with one. That is pretty good mileage from you present one.
I got a call from a friend last night telling me not to sell the 2008 to anyone but him. We both figure it has at least another 150,000 miles left in it!
Old 07-24-2014, 09:07 AM
Administrator

There have been a lot of people scrambling for their new fit due to some problems it seems they are all behind schedule for deliveries.

Last edited by claymore; 07-25-2014 at 07:50 AM.
Old 07-25-2014, 06:32 AM

OK, 1st ride: 120 miles from the dealership to home. The 2015 Fit EX feels WAY more solid on the road than the 2008 Fit Sport. The seats are actually built for human to sit comfortably, the whole radio/hands-free/camera display rocks! Inside finishes almost seem to approach luxury status. It still has the Fit acceleration "growl", and the steering is still "go-kart"-like enough for me. Being able to raise the seat is nice, as is the more adjustable steering wheel - I feel like I'm sitting higher. Auto lights are a nice addition, and the right-side mirror camera offsets the smaller rear windows. Still getting used to the push-button start thing, though..... All in all, I LOVE this car even more than the 2008!
Old 07-25-2014, 07:52 AM
Administrator

Good news what color did you get? I can't comment of the height adjustable seat since mine has had that since 2005
Old 07-26-2014, 06:25 AM

It's black... I wanted a silver one, but there were none to be had in the entire state!