Honda Fit Forums  

Go Back   Honda Fit Forums > Fit Forums > Engine

Engine Anything engine related post here. Repair, Maintenance, Mods, Swaps

Old 05-07-2015, 03:31 AM
Administrator

claymore is on a distinguished road
Default WOW maintenance time again

LOL I now have to go by months not miles as I don't drive it all that often anymore.

But it's been a year so it's time even if I only put 4000 KM on it since last time.

So I started with the easy part first ...... antifreeze or so I thought. For some unknown reason it has disappeared from the shelves of big box type stores. It used to be available and most any big shop but not anymore and no USA Prestone or Zerex had to settle for some locally made stuff I found at a car parts shop.

Step one done more later.

Last edited by claymore; 05-07-2015 at 03:33 AM.
Old 05-07-2015, 11:32 PM
Administrator

Well today got a bunch done.

Topped off my brake and clutch master cylinders, washed and re-oiled my K&N air filter, replaced and indexed my plugs and found them to be PERFECT color indicating that all my mods are working perfectly.

Cleaned out the WORKING PERFECTLY catch can, spray cleaned TB.

so only the bottom side and rotate tires to go BOOOOOO.

But here folks are a couple of photos of my old plugs. This is exactly what you want to see these folks are examples of PERFECTLY BURNING plugs and fuel mixture using one step colder plugs, cooler running temperature and ram air and one of those ALLEGEDLY mean and nasty K&N air filters that these armchair "INTERNET experts"MISTAKENLY say will cause the earth to tilt on it's axis and cause all kinds of problems. It's been in this car since 3-12-2007 and no problems what so ever. BY ONE NOW.

You can also see exactly how indexing helps. The residue is NOT there on the gap side facing the incoming charge when indexed. the incoming charge is burned more completely and also "washes" that part of the plug preventing deposit build up.

Guess all my mods work right wiener dog.

Attachment 677 click to enlarge photos

Attachment 678

Last edited by claymore; 05-08-2015 at 12:53 AM.
Old 05-17-2015, 11:01 PM
Administrator

Got around to changing my oil and filter using honda filter and Honda 5w-30 oil, changed my trans fluid with honda MTF and very happy to see that the Iron "whiskers" that are normally deposited on my magnetic trans drain plug are GONZO a very tiny amount only this time. Guess the trans is finally all broken in at 45,000km LOL.

Also good news is with my new "sealed" battery my battery hold down looks like new compared to the vented battery it would be showing signs of corrosion by this time.

Now only cleaning waxing the inside of my rims while rotating the tires left.