Honda Fit Forums  

Go Back   Honda Fit Forums > Fit Forums > Engine

Engine Anything engine related post here. Repair, Maintenance, Mods, Swaps

Old 11-06-2011, 06:52 PM

justinfitfreak is on a distinguished road

gud am everyone, can you help me what to do with my fit 09, A/T i already installed a K&N air filter and jasma mulfer..
Old 11-06-2011, 09:16 PM
Administrator

claymore is on a distinguished road

Adjustable throttle controller is a very good first mod.
Old 12-05-2013, 06:33 AM

Waldo is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb K&N Filters

Just understand that, unless you're drag racing, you WILL NOT increase performance over a CLEAN stock air filter.

I like K&N filters. We used them when we raced go-karts. The stock filters would get caked up with dirt and you had to throw them away after every race. With the K&N filters, we would clean them and go again.

As for "more air flow" . . . unless you're running your engine at WOT (wide open throttle), the butterfly in the throttle body is the single most restrictive part of the air intake system. OEM air boxes have been engineered to pass enough air flow through the OEM filter to accommodate the engines desires for air flow at all performance levels, up to and including WOT. Unless your filter is extremely dirty, it's not the restriction for air flow. If you look at Dyno charts, you will see more HP being produced, but that is at WOT; which is not the way most people drive.

As for saving money? Not necessarily. K&N used to say that they were good for 100k miles. If you change your air filter every 30k miles (normal), you're only going to purchase 2 replacement filters by 100k miles. By the time you purchase the "charge" kits for the K&N filter, you're not saving anything. If you keep the car longer, which most of us probably plan to do, you may save a little bit, but keep in mind that you have to clean them often, and re-oil them. If you're like me, you'll forget where you put the cleaning/oil kit by the time you need to do it again, and have to purchase another one.

But hey, if it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy because you have a K&N filter on your vehicle, go for it. I bet the Fit that had 500K miles on it didn't have a K&N filter on it . . . . something to think about
All time best mpg was on a 200 mile trip at 65-70 mph which I managed to squeeze out 51.6 mpg

Last edited by Waldo; 12-05-2013 at 06:44 AM. Reason: added more statistics
Old 11-29-2016, 08:57 PM

radioarno is on a distinguished road

newbie here. Are you talking about air filters (the rectangular flat things) or air intake systems made by K&N?
Old 11-30-2016, 11:35 AM
Administrator

claymore is on a distinguished road

Both really they are the same. But the rectangular ones work fine too I had one on my Jazz when I first got it and every car I have owned since they came out.

The one on my car now is one of the conical ones because I built my own cold air system and it has been there for about 10 years and still working fine.
Old 11-30-2016, 01:48 PM

radioarno is on a distinguished road

thanks.