Honda Fit Forums  

Go Back   Honda Fit Forums > Fit Forums > Engine

Engine Anything engine related post here. Repair, Maintenance, Mods, Swaps

Old 05-14-2013, 01:45 AM
Administrator

claymore is on a distinguished road
Default High Test FTW.

We have been having the "authorities" messing with our fuel supplies. First we had 87, 91, and 95 (our rating system is different from the USA one) real unadulterated gasoline.

Then some bigwigs, with money invested in gasohol, decided they need to force everybody into using gasohol so they could RIP OFF MORE OF OUR MONEY and they stopped selling 95 octane all together.

Then they stopped selling 87 so all that was left was 91.

Then last month they figured out they made more money selling the 95 so they dropped 91 and now you can only get 95 normal gasoline.

At the time I thought good now I can get 95 again and forgot about it.

The other day I was blasting away from a light and the JAZZ did it's version of a top fueler spinning it's wheels like so easy and I thought boy this thing is running good again.

Then I went in to fill up today and it hit me I have used two tanks of 95 octane fuel and that was what the difference is.

You can actually FEEL how much stronger it is running high octane fuel.

Now that I'm hooked again the jerks will probably stop selling all gasoline soon
Old 11-23-2014, 05:12 PM

Myxalplyx is on a distinguished road

Lol..funny post. Awesome you gained some power with the higher octane. Why aren't more people posting here?
Old 11-23-2014, 10:37 PM
Administrator

claymore is on a distinguished road

Well some people on the freak site don't like being told they are wrong all the time so they shame others into not posting here. But who cares. You should be able to see for yourself on your scangauge thing how much more timing you get using higher octane.

But some people there can't get their pointy little minds around the fact that the more timing you can have without reaching detonation the more power you make now and forever.

People have even posted their results direct from their scangauges on the freak site showing the difference between timing on 78b and 95 and the ignorant ones don't believe it LOL.