Honda Fit Forums  

Go Back   Honda Fit Forums > The Lounge > Entertainment Value

Entertainment Value Video Games, Movies, TV, Music or Thumb Twiddling, whatever fits you.

Old 12-13-2010, 02:49 PM
manxman

Thumbs up The music thread

This will open up a whole new can of worms. I only post this because my first subject will probably have absolutely no other participants. I have been collecting a wide variety of recorded music since the '60s, but my favorite will be, I'm sure, unique in car forums. "Tribal Celtic Music". At some future time, I will post the contents of my MP3 player that I carry around in the car, but the list is too long for this post. Just to show that my tastes cover a LOT of ground, not just pipes & drums.

I have had an appreciation for ancient instruments and music forms for most of my life, and since my ethnic heritage is from one of the 7 Celtic nations, I was drawn to pipes & drums, even as I began to appreciate the early years of Rock music. So, my favorite music form is Celtic Rock, a la "Steeleye Span", "Jethro Tull", "De Danaan", and "Capercaillie".

I don't expect anyone else on these forums to know who these groups are, but if there is one single person who does, here's a strong recommendation for you:

Wicked Tinkers "Rant". This is their sixth CD, and the first one that I have bought. Spectacular percussion and Highland pipes, Ullean pipes, and the addition of Australian Didgeridoo music adds wonderful flavor to traditional Celtic jigs and reels. This is really a great album for those who appreciate ancient music with a modern flair.

My MP3 only holds my favorite CD's from the last 25 years, but I still have more than 30 years of vinyl albums to someday digitize. Except for the first albums from many famous artists, like Elton John, The Who, Leon Russel, and groups whom many today have never heard of, like "Joe & Eddy", my vinyl collection may stay in storage forever.

One New Year's Eve about 30 years ago, I held a party for friends whose only requirement was to bring their favorite record album. Through the evening we played those favorites and my own albums on my new stereo system with 300 watts per channel, graphic equalizer and sub woofer, and I introduced the guests to the first CD player that they had ever seen or heard. Since that party, I have never bought another vinyl record, and never bought another Cassette Tape recording. I was just about to buy a Sony 10-disc CD player to install in my '07 Fit to hold and play my favorite CD's, and instead bought an MP3 player. Man, it's great to have a hundred albums on a player the size of a credit card!

Last edited by manxman; 12-13-2010 at 03:00 PM.
Old 12-14-2010, 12:42 AM
Administrator

claymore is on a distinguished road

You should change your name to Musicman.