Honda Fit Forums  

Go Back   Honda Fit Forums > The Lounge > Entertainment Value

Entertainment Value Video Games, Movies, TV, Music or Thumb Twiddling, whatever fits you.

Old 10-28-2010, 06:24 PM
manxman

Thumbs up Horror Movie Recommendation!

Rent or buy---- "Frozen"

The outdoorsmen/women of the forums can picture ourselves in exactly these circumstances. What would YOU do?

P.s. Watch the "Special Features" on the DVD. The Stunt Coordinator of the movie is Kane Hodder, who played "Jason" in all of the "Friday the 13th." movies.

This will make your skin crawl, but still has movie bullshit. Remember, there has never been a single documented case of a wild wolf ever attacking a live human being, ever. Rabid wolves, yes, healthy wolves, no. My own two wolves have died from natural causes. I miss them.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:38 AM

EXWRX is on a distinguished road

Also if you have netflix, watch "Let the right one in" It was a swedish movie recently redone as Let me in, in america. I saw the original just last weekend and it was a pretty cool minimalist horror flick. The special effects are relatively rare, but fairly well done when they appear. The store is about a 12 year old misfit boy with few to no friends who has a 12 year old vampire girl move in next door with her guardian.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:35 PM
manxman

I almost bought that one from Amazon, until I read the DVD reviews saying that the currently available DVD has very bad subtitles, and an improved DVD will be released soon from the same company. The reviews also said that the stark, harsh nature of Stockholm in winter plays a big role in setting the background for the movie. I will watch the American version when it comes on one of the premium movie channels.

Thanks for the review Jeff!
Old 11-01-2010, 09:43 AM

EXWRX is on a distinguished road

I will grant that the subtitles were less than ideal, but the movie was cool enough to overcome it. (get it? cool in a stockholm winter?!?! :P )
Old 11-01-2010, 04:51 PM
manxman

I was just happy to see the warning "Don't buy this DVD because a re-release with theatrical quality subtitles is coming soon". When the better one comes on the market, I will probably buy it. 12-year-old vampires are a little more creepy than the usual TV and movie monsters.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:38 PM

Fit2bMe is on a distinguished road

Must see:

Paranormal Activity

Paranormal Activity 2

Let's be friends on Hushmail!!

lalalalaine@myhushmail.com