Honda Fit Forums  

Go Back   Honda Fit Forums > The Lounge > Entertainment Value

Entertainment Value Video Games, Movies, TV, Music or Thumb Twiddling, whatever fits you.

Old 01-14-2010, 11:03 AM
manxman

Talking The TV Show Thread

List your favorites, past and present, cause if it's great, we can buy the DVD box set. Also, feel free to recommend new shows that will appear in the future (once they debut and you like the series, let us know about it).

Premium Channel Limited Series:

Deadwood for Old West fans- buy the set (3 seasons- fantastic series)
Rome two seasons- buy the set
Carnivale- The best "weird fiction good vs. evil" ever on TV. Two seasons- BUY THE SET if this is your interest. My favorite premium channel series of all time!
The Tudors- new season coming soon.
True Blood- new season coming soon
Dexter- new season coming soon
Big Love- new season coming in a few weeks

OK, some of my favorite weekly shows-

Battlestar Galactica This great series had a five year run- one of the best ever. When the price comes down a bit, I will buy the DVD Blu Ray boxed set. As previously mentioned, "Caprica" is the new series coming in a few weeks on the Sci-Fi Channel, and is a prequel.

Top Gear
Sons of Anarchy

Lost
Heroes
Supernatural
Burn Notice
Damages
Leverage
Survivor
Breaking Bad
Flash Forward
Primeval
Sanctuary
Saving Grace
The Closer
Eureka
Warehouse 13
Fringe
The Closer
V (if this one ever comes back on TV after the first 2-3 weeks run from last year)
Numbers
Eastwick
CSI & CSI Miami
Dark Blue
United States of Tara

Canceled series that I will greatly miss:

Torchwood
Life
Journeyman
Battlestar Galactica

Last edited by manxman; 01-14-2010 at 05:51 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:58 PM
Administrator

claymore is on a distinguished road

I really get a kick out of Americas Favorite Home videos. It comes on here late about 1 am and my wife has asked me a couple of times what the heck were you laughing about last night while I was sleeping. Ends the day on a happy note.

Deadwood was great but it ended here awhile back do they have new episodes?

Entourage is pretty good Kevin Dillon makes the show with his dumbness.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:39 AM
Administrator

You guys still get "Dead like me"? We had it for awhile and even a movie version then it went away but it's baaaccckkk. Show cracks me up. It's more about the characters than what is going on in the show.
Old 01-27-2010, 12:32 PM
manxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by claymore View Post
You guys still get "Dead like me"? We had it for awhile and even a movie version then it went away but it's baaaccckkk. Show cracks me up. It's more about the characters than what is going on in the show.
My wife and I never missed an episode of that one! Unfortunately, it was canceled at the end of the second season. Several of the cast members have shown up in movies or visitors to other series, but I have not seen the young blonde main character actress (named Ellen Muth). They did make a follow-up movie about six months ago "Still Dead", in which the blonde girl was able to interact with, and be seen by, her sister.

The motherly older actress who played the manager of the temp. agency was next a cast member in a series called "Reaper" that lasted two seasons. In this, the older actress played a demon, working for the Devil, as a Department of Motor Vehicles (CA) employee.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:40 AM
Administrator

Also enjoy MMA shows. We get UFC about a year behind or so we are getting ufc 103 now. We also get extreme cagefighting, and one more I forget the name of.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:47 PM
Administrator

The devil working at DMV just might be true
Old 02-19-2010, 09:39 PM
manxman

Thumbs up March 14th.- New HBO 10-Part Miniseries "The Pacific"

For claymore, and anyone else interested in some real events of WWII battle, this series is the experiences of three real U.S. Marines who fought in most of the major battles on the Japanese-held Pacific islands of Guadalcanal, rain forests of Cape Gloucester, Peleliu, Iwo Jima, and Okinawa.

As with the spectacular Airborne Infantry mini series of about 8 years ago, Band of Brothers, this new series is also produced by Tom Hanks and Steven Speieberg, and the three real Marines who are played by actors give interviews during the series. One of the characters in the stories is Robert Leckie, and when he returned from the war, he wrote the book that was used to develop the miniseries (Helmet for My Pillow).

If you are interested in the real heroes who helped to win the war, you will be interested in this. But be warned, the war in the Pacific was a horrible experience for every person who was there. This series will be very realistic.

Last edited by manxman; 02-19-2010 at 09:43 PM.
Old 02-20-2010, 12:25 AM
Administrator

Yep been waiting for this to start. My father was there for some of the 5th Marines battles. He said being thirsty was worse than getting shot at. The real Marines that were there were really really pissed off at the Navy for running away with the supplies for the Marines. It gets glossed over in movies and history but the Real Marines there were so mad they would have shot the squids involved if they had the chance.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:07 AM
manxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by claymore View Post
Yep been waiting for this to start. My father was there for some of the 5th Marines battles. He said being thirsty was worse than getting shot at. The real Marines that were there were really really pissed off at the Navy for running away with the supplies for the Marines. It gets glossed over in movies and history but the Real Marines there were so mad they would have shot the squids involved if they had the chance.
My dad was Army Air Corps, and the Marines starving and out of ammo because the Navy was too scared to bring in supplies was one of his stories that he heard in a German POW camp. He told me about it to illustrate how screwed up war is- not the adventures that you see in the movies.
Old 07-01-2010, 02:28 PM

sooznd is on a distinguished road
Default recent & past favorites

Some Favorites-

Six Feet Under (this is my favorite of all TV series)
Dexter
Fringe--several excellent episodes
V (1980's mini-series) --just bough these on amazon a couple months ago--love it!
the new V series - Anna is great---so reptilean
The 4400 (I hate that this ended w/o resolution)
Jericho
Medium--great acting
Rescue Me
Damages
X Files
Star Trek the Next Generation (imo- the best of all the Star Trek series)

Comedy

The Office (always funny!)
Seinfeld
Everybody Loves Raymond
New Adventures of Old Christine

I don't get any premium channels--so get to see the HBO or Showtime series via Netflix (often years later...ha!)

I enjoy Sci Fi & thriller shows--never got into Lost or Heroes, though.

Last edited by sooznd; 07-01-2010 at 02:31 PM.