Honda Fit Forums  

Go Back   Honda Fit Forums > The Lounge > Events and Meets

Events and Meets Post upcoming meets and events here.

Old 06-02-2010, 04:57 PM
manxman

Default Suggestion for Another Bay Area Meet/BBQ

We can do this one on even the hottest weekends- Henry Cowell Park in Felton, CA. This park has several VERY large picnic areas with grills, tables, water, and restrooms close by. The picnic areas have the deepest shade imaginable- so many tall trees that you can't see the sky. The Fit owners from the Central Valley might appreciate the cool, quiet ambiance of this location.

In about a 10 minute walk from the picnic area, there is the Redwood Grove Trail that takes about 30 minutes to walk the trail. You can see redwood trees over 200 feet tall, and can go inside the tree where Col. John C. Fremont lived through a winter on his exploration of a route across the U.S. to the Pacific Ocean in the early 1840's. This is the "Ewok Forest" that was used to film one of the Star Wars SciFi movies. Fremont's success helped to fuel the Gold Rush in 1849, and helped California to become separated from Spain.

I have been taking visitors to this park for over 25 years, and did not even know that the large picnic areas existed until last weekend. If we meet early for breakfast, we can go down to Santa Cruz and take Hwy. 9 from its beginning up the twisty drive to the park entrance. There are two huge picnic areas, one at "lot 3" and one at "lot 4". Both parking lots have room for over 100 cars, and the cars are within view of all of the picnic sites.

And, here's a great place for our next breakfast to start the day off----
http://www.yelp.com/biz/auntie-mames-scotts-valley

So, Bay Area Forum members, pick your day. No hurry- we have all summer.

Last edited by manxman; 06-02-2010 at 05:05 PM.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:10 PM
Administrator

claymore is on a distinguished road

You California guys get to go to some great places.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:23 AM

macbuddy will become famous soon enoughmacbuddy will become famous soon enough
Default Let's do this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manxman View Post
And, here's a great place for our next breakfast to start the day off----
http://www.yelp.com/biz/auntie-mames-scotts-valley
Hey Dave, I'm ready for another meet, and "Auntie Mames" sounds like an excellent choice for breakfast! As far as dates go, I am pretty much booked for June, except for the 19th and/or 20th. I don't have my July schedule yet, so that's wide open at the moment. Hopefully you will get some input on dates soon. With some luck, I will be able to schedule my work around the most popular weekend choices.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:36 AM

EXWRX is on a distinguished road

June 19-20 could work for me. I'm booked up the early part of July, but the last 2 weekends in the july (24th and later) could work for me.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:20 PM
manxman

Well, with no more eye surgeries or dying pets, I'm available any day at all. And this time and location, my wife Sharon will come too. So, EXWRX and macbuddy can wrestle, and the winner of two falls out of three can pick the date!

But--- the loser has to go get CuTeBoi out of bed and to the restaurant on time, on the right day, and with a full tank of gas!

Last edited by manxman; 06-03-2010 at 01:52 PM.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:24 PM
manxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by claymore View Post
You California guys get to go to some great places.
You're right, John, but personally, I would rather go to a Fit meet in either Silverton or Durango on the Western slope of the Colorado Rocky Mountains.
Old 06-03-2010, 03:28 PM

I'm starting my workout regimen again. I don't care about which date it is so much, but I have enough trouble getting ready early that I don't want to have to be responsible for some other adult.
Old 06-03-2010, 03:55 PM
manxman

Wait---- le'mme understand whatchoo said- you're working out so that you can beat macbuddy in the wrestling match? Or if you lose, you'll be working out so that you can't go get the other adult and get to the breakfast on time yourself?
Old 06-03-2010, 04:00 PM

I want to win so I don't have to get Anthony up.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:02 PM
manxman

P.s. about the twisty drive up Hwy. 9 to the park. That part won't be possible. The lower end of Hwy 9, from Hwy. 1 to within about two miles of the park entrance will be closed to all traffic starting this Monday through the end of October. We will still have access to the park from the upper end of Hwy.9.