Honda Fit Forums  

Go Back   Honda Fit Forums > The Lounge > Events and Meets

Events and Meets Post upcoming meets and events here.

Old 06-03-2010, 04:06 PM
manxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXWRX View Post
I want to win so I don't have to get Anthony up.
Ah- got it. I'm teasing Anthony with all of this, but his question on the forums about the Thule Roof Rack faring probably means that he will either be on his trip to Chicago, or getting ready for it, and may not choose to come with us this time.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:12 AM

macbuddy will become famous soon enoughmacbuddy will become famous soon enough

Hey Dave,
It's been over a week now, and nobody has posted a preferred meet date? Okay then, I will chose a date...how about June 26th? Will this work for you?
Let's do this!
-macbuddy-
BTW-I am looking forward to breakfast at "Auntie Mames."
Old 06-11-2010, 08:58 AM
manxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by macbuddy View Post
Hey Dave,
It's been over a week now, and nobody has posted a preferred meet date? Okay then, I will chose a date...how about June 26th? Will this work for you?
Let's do this!
-macbuddy-
BTW-I am looking forward to breakfast at "Auntie Mames."
Any day is fine with me!
Old 06-11-2010, 11:52 AM
manxman

BTW, the Henry Cowell picnic sites have the steel box, pedestal mounted, adjustable height grills. I inherited several bottles of charcoal lighter fluid at the Mt. Madonna meet last year (everyone left their lighter fluid behind) so I will bring fluid and a wire brush. Anyone who brings meat to cook should also bring charcoal.

I will bring a propane stove and griddle, with ingredients to make quesadillas- tortillas, cheese, chopped BBQ beef and pork, onions, and the best salsa that I have ever found. I will also bring a cold watermelon. With all of that in mind, I can also bring refried beans (my favorite is RosaRita Refritos with Lime) if anyone else is interested and will help us eat them.

In addition to any other choices of entrees, we will need chips/dip/drinks and/or other dessert items that anyone wants to bring. I will bring my leftover paper plates and plastic utensils from past meets, but bring your own collection too to be sure that we have enough. Whatever is left over can be used next time.

The nice thing about our adult Fit Meets is that there is usually food left over, so dinner that night or lunch for the next few days can be brought home after the meet (for the people who brought food).

It will be warmer by the 26th., but here in Boulder Creek it was 45 degrees this morning and is supposed to hit about 80 this afternoon.

Last edited by manxman; 06-11-2010 at 11:55 AM.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:08 PM

EXWRX is on a distinguished road

I'm not available that weekend. I was, but will be in Portland. Probably the next time I'd be available would be July 24-25th. It sounds like fun, though.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:30 PM
manxman

Sorry Jeff, we'll miss you. It should be fairly cool in Portland too (OR or ME- either one!).
Old 06-11-2010, 10:44 PM

macbuddy will become famous soon enoughmacbuddy will become famous soon enough
Default I'll take that as a "yes!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by manxman View Post
Any day is fine with me!
Okay then, I'll plan on June 26th for breakfast!
Cheers,
-macbuddy-

PS-CuTeBoi, Snooze you lose!
Old 06-12-2010, 01:47 PM
manxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by macbuddy View Post
Okay then, I'll plan on June 26th for breakfast!
Cheers,
-macbuddy-

PS-CuTeBoi, Snooze you lose!
Sharon and I look forward to it! Please LMK if enough of your personal text invitations result in people who will come, and if enough of your family members come to make it worth doing a BBQ at the park. If we only have 3 or 4 people, it might be better to forget cooking and go to one of the many good restaurants in the area for lunch.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:32 PM
manxman

Mike--
PM sent. LMK what happens.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:33 PM

MrFroge is on a distinguished road

Mike- Just got your email as I was prepairing an email to invite you to co-drive at this year's SFR regional championship event on July 24-25.. If you haven't got anything else going on those dates.. You know the Baby Froge against the world.. :-).. Let me know.. I maybe able to get away on June 26th.. (the 27th is event 10 in the Bay Area.)