Honda Fit Forums  

Go Back   Honda Fit Forums > The Lounge > Events and Meets

Events and Meets Post upcoming meets and events here.

Old 06-16-2010, 05:31 PM
manxman

Rich,
We wish you the best of luck in advance of the upcoming events. If you can join us on the 26th., it would be great to see you, but it sounds like you may be too busy. Have fun at the races!
Old 06-16-2010, 11:55 PM

macbuddy will become famous soon enoughmacbuddy will become famous soon enough
Default ...Geez, do I hafta co-drive the SFR Regional again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFroge View Post
Mike- Just got your email as I was prepairing an email to invite you to co-drive at this year's SFR regional championship event on July 24-25...
Hey Rich,
I checked my schedule (actually Mrs. macbuddy's calendar), and your proposition looks very doable. So, as of today, I will give you a very big, "YES!" In the meantime, I promise to practice every day until then!
-macbuddy-
PS-Anyway, if you have the time and energy to spare, try to make it to the meet on the 26th. I'll even buy you breakfast!
Old 06-18-2010, 05:28 PM

MrFroge is on a distinguished road
Cool Well, that's good news!

Quote:
Originally Posted by macbuddy View Post
Hey Rich,
I checked my schedule (actually Mrs. macbuddy's calendar), and your proposition looks very doable. So, as of today, I will give you a very big, "YES!" In the meantime, I promise to practice every day until then!
-macbuddy-
PS-Anyway, if you have the time and energy to spare, try to make it to the meet on the 26th. I'll even buy you breakfast!
I'm off to Great America this Sunday afternoon to try out a tank of 100 octane and have no idea what to expect. According to the rules "any gas which can be purchase at the pumps can be used in a stock car".

I have just but 3.25 gallons of 91 in the tank with the "low-gas level flag" illuminated. That should get me to the event with just a little left.. I ran 91 at the last event. Hope to do better than Steve on the 4th run this time. I have beaten him in the regulation three runs at the last three events but that doesn't help me in the points at this level of Solo.

I have Packwood (WA) on the schedule for August but my friend modified his Civic so I will most likely be driving the Fit for "Fit Pride" at the event. Maybe it will rain..

Glad to have you on board for the Regional event.. I'll let you know about registration when it is set.. Golden Gate this year.. They (SRR) have payed for some resurfacing for the event.

The Froge
Old 06-19-2010, 02:33 PM
manxman

Okay everybody, it looks as if most people are busy with other things on the weekend of the 26th. SlimJimx701x was kind enough to tell macbuddy that he would come and we thank him for his good manners. We know that EXWRX will be away in Oregon, and CuTeBoi will also be on a trip.

So for anyone else who is interested but hasn't said so on the thread, I will be at Auntie Mame's restaurant at 9:00 on Sat. 6/26 for breakfast. If anyone else shows up, we can go to Henry Cowell Park to take a short hike through the "Ewok Forest" from the Star Wars movie, and we can also ride the "Roaring Camp Railroad" through the Redwoods, or drive up to Loch Lomond park to explore that as a future, bigger meet site. For lunch, we can go to the Boulder Creek Brewery, or Don Quixote's Mexican Restaurant, or a nearby Japanese or Cambodian or Thai restaurant.

If we had enough for another 6 Fits meet, it would be worth the fuss and bother to BarBeQue at the park, but with less than that, a restaurant lunch would probably be better for all concerned.

If you PLAN on coming for the 26th., please post and let us know.
Old 06-19-2010, 04:35 PM

Bap is on a distinguished road

I will be their but am not sure that I will be able to take the fit I would love for you guys to see my mods. but if not I will be in the miata. It has been to long I am looking forward to seeing you guys again.
Old 06-19-2010, 05:24 PM
manxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bap View Post
I will be their but am not sure that I will be able to take the fit I would love for you guys to see my mods. but if not I will be in the miata. It has been to long I am looking forward to seeing you guys again.
Yay! Thanks for the good news Blake! We'll let a Miata in, just this once. We're very picky.
Old 06-20-2010, 09:31 AM

Slimjimx701x is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Slimjimx701x Send a message via MSN to Slimjimx701x

I will be able to make it during 26th (knock on wood, that my new job doesn't call me in then)
Old 06-20-2010, 12:13 PM
manxman

Congrats on the new job Jimmy! If you can make it, we'll be glad to see you again.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:14 AM
manxman

DIRECTIONS:

Take Hwy. 17 (called 880 in Santa Clara County and north from there) toward Santa Cruz. Scotts Valley is the next town north of Santa Cruz on Hwy. 17. Exit on Mt. Hermon Road. turn right on Scotts Valley Drive- lighted intersection with a Shell gas station on your right side. Get in the left lane of Scotts Valley Dr. immediately, and make a u-turn at your first opportunity (50 yards or so). Stay in the right lane, and enter the driveway of the small shopping center that is elevated by about 20 ft. from street level, located exactly on the corner of Mt. Hermon and Scotts Valley Dr.. Auntie Mame's is at the far end of the little cluster of stores. If you don't see an empty parking space, go around the restaurant to the right and there will be parking on the back side of all of the stores.

Many of you received text messages on this from macbuddy- if you are delayed and want us to wait for you, text or call Mike. If you would like to have my cell # for this purpose, PM me. My cell is normally off, but will be on for the meet.

Last edited by manxman; 06-21-2010 at 10:18 AM.
Old 06-22-2010, 02:10 AM

Slimjimx701x is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Slimjimx701x Send a message via MSN to Slimjimx701x

Sorry guys, looks like I won't be able to make it for this one. Not because of work, but because of my friends' Graduation.