Honda Fit Forums  

Go Back   Honda Fit Forums > The Lounge > Events and Meets

Events and Meets Post upcoming meets and events here.

Old 02-14-2010, 05:31 PM
manxman

Default Another Bay Area Fit Meet Opportunity from macbuddy!

Okay folks! Depending on weather and your schedule, macbuddy and I intend to have lunch on the Santa Cruz Wharf on Saturday, 2/27. We plan to meet either at the Summit Roadhouse at the top of Hwy. 17, right side, for breakfast, or if more people are planning to come but can't make it until later in the A.M., we'll meet in Scotts Valley at a location to be announced via PM.

Depending upon how early we can get started, we can either do some twisty driving right after breakfast and wind up at the wharf for lunch, or do lunch in the late morning and go into the mountains for the twisties afterward. The mountains will put most of you back on the highway toward home.

Please let us know if you plan to come on 2/27 by posting on this thread . That way, we will know whom to PM the final details.

The wharf will be cold and windy, so dress appropriately. This time we are giving two weeks notice. Don't wimp out- we'd like to see you!

Last edited by manxman; 02-18-2010 at 09:23 AM.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:07 AM
manxman

BUMP!

C'mon EXWRX, Slimjim, CuTeBoi, chime in! Let's have a meet!
Old 02-15-2010, 04:21 PM

Slimjimx701x is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Slimjimx701x Send a message via MSN to Slimjimx701x

Count me in
Old 02-15-2010, 05:29 PM
manxman

Thanx Jimmy. I am in , rain or shine- our lunch destination may change depending on weather, but it will be in the Santa Cruz area. So, we have a commitment of at least 3 Fits, and almost two weeks to collect some more!

Last edited by manxman; 02-15-2010 at 05:47 PM.
Old 02-16-2010, 04:16 AM

macbuddy will become famous soon enoughmacbuddy will become famous soon enough
Default Bap is interested...

Dave,
I just got word from Bap. He is interested joining us! (although his work, and school may dampen his chances to attend).
Regardless, the good news is that he should be getting his Fit back from the shop soon!
Old 02-16-2010, 09:12 AM
manxman

That is great news! I hope that we see him, but because of the distance we probably won't this time.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:21 AM

EXWRX is on a distinguished road

It is looking very probable that I will be able to attend. I'm hoping the weather will be good enough to visit a special ice cream parlor in Santa Cruz.
Mariannes
1020 Ocean St
Santa Cruz, CA 95060

They make their own icecream. I went there and had their dark chocolate icecream.. It was not for the faint of heart. It was almost black, and totally delicious.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:01 PM
manxman

Even if it snows, we can still visit Mariannes. Good news that you are coming Jeff!

So far, we have macbuddy, Slimjimx701x, EXWRX, Bap (we hope) and manxman. Planning on weather that will be at least gloomy, here is my suggestion:

Everyone meet at the Summit Roadhouse at the top of Hwy.17, west (right side) as you are driving Southbound (directly across the highway is another restaurant/fruit stand). I will be there at 8:30- target time for breakfast is 9:00. By 10:00, we'll take off westward across the top of the mountains to Bear Creek Road, go up Hwy. 35, and wind up at the Hwy. 9 intersection. If you guys are interested, we can travel about 1 mile past Hwy. 9 to the fire station, and see if fitfreak member grouser is working and say Hi. Then head south on Hwy. 9 and go all they way down to Santa Cruz to the wharf area. If no one is hungry yet, we can go the east side of Santa Cruz to the Mystery Spot, and then go back to the wharf for lunch.

After lunch, and Mariannes Ice Cream for dessert, we can take the short drive up to Loch Lomond and check on the opening date, then take Hwy. 9 all the way over the mountains to Saratoga. That will put all of the visitors back on Hwy. 17 heading North to the freeways that will take you home.

We hope to have even more people join us, so please let us know if we can plan on you!

Last edited by manxman; 02-16-2010 at 06:41 PM.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:05 PM

EXWRX is on a distinguished road

I'm checking with some friends that have relatives in the area. They might come along, but they're not sure yet. No Fits, but my friend rides in mine more than anyone but me and my daughter on our lunchtime trips.
Old 02-20-2010, 01:40 PM
manxman

Exclamation Important Announcement!!

Change of plans!!! We will NOT meet at the Summit Roadhouse for breakfast.

I just got back from driving up there to check their hours, and realized that several cars trying to leave their parking lot and get onto Hwy.17 will get someone killed. The restaurant driveway dumps you immediately into two lanes of 60+ mph heavy traffic with no on-ramp at all.

So, since the main attraction of this meet's food was to be the Santa Cruz wharf, and in trying to find cheap good food/coffee for breakfast with easy, no risk parking, the new meeting place will be the "Chubby's Diner"- address is 266 Mt. Hermon Road, Scotts Valley, CA. Again, I'll be there at 8:30, target time for breakfast is 9:00, and we leave at 10:00 or earlier if everyone is ready.

Take Hwy. 880/17, Southbound, over the Santa Cruz mountains. When you see the first signs mentioning Scotts Valley, get in the right lane. Exit on Mt. Hermon Road, in the right lane. Turn right at the signal. Pass the first shopping center (Nob Hill) on your right, stay in the right lane, and turn right into the next shopping center (K-Mart) and you will probably see the Chubby's sign before you get to the shopping center driveway. Immediately after entering the driveway, turn right in the parking lot to get to the parking area of the Chubby's restaurant. Please PM me or email with any questions.

If you are coming from the Central Valley into the Santa Cruz area from the south (such as Hwy. 152 from Gilroy) get on Hwy. 1 Hwy. 1 Northbound from Watsonville, and stay on 1 until it intersects with Hwy. 17. Take 17 North about 2 miles to the Mt. Hermon Road off-ramp, and follow the above paragraph's directions.

Last edited by manxman; 02-20-2010 at 11:21 PM.