Honda Fit Forums  

Go Back   Honda Fit Forums > Fit Forums > DIYs

DIYs place all DIYs here

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2010, 02:02 PM
Posts: n/a

Originally Posted by VillageIdiot View Post
Where can the single Shraeder valve to plastic hose connectors be purchased?
On Ebay Motors, there is a vendor who sells the complete kit that comes with the air shock package. the kit gives you the extra valve tee that you need, and you cap off the branch of the tee that you don't need. You also get miles of extra tubing that you get to pitch into the trash. As I recall, you have some problem with Ebay, but my purchase was easy and cheap- under $10.00 if my memory is right. Macbuddy got his extra valve and hose kit at a parts store like AutoZone- they had the kit in stock. In your local stores, if they carry either brand of shocks- Monroe or Gabriel, the same size tubing, valve, and connector caps are used.

On Ebay motors, don't list your year or car model in the left side box. Just search for Air Shock Absorbers in the general car parts auction. The vendor(s) selling just the air fill kits are listed at the bottom of the page.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 12:35 AM
macbuddy's Avatar
macbuddy macbuddy is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Central Valley, CA
Posts: 545
macbuddy will become famous soon enoughmacbuddy will become famous soon enough

Dave has a good memory! Yes, I picked up an Air Shock valve kit at Autozone for $15 as I recall. I made a "call list" of all the shops in town. Just so happened that the first call was to Autozone, and they had one set on hand.
Reply With Quote


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.