Honda Fit Forums  

Go Back   Honda Fit Forums > Fit Forums > Electrical

Electrical Electrical, Audio, Lighting, ECU, Code Trouble Shooting etc.

Old 07-07-2010, 05:25 AM

Bohemian is on a distinguished road

If your mp3 player works as a removable storage device (i.e. like a flash drive when plugged into usb) you should be able to use it just like a flash drive.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:14 AM

Blackbeard is on a distinguished road

I could not find any flash drives at the house, although I know I have a couple somewhere...I had accidently formatted an MP3 player before, and thought maybe it would work as a storage device, so I formatted an old broken (glass display) 0.5G MP3 player hoping it would be compatible but it wasn't. My dad has some flash drives laying around and is coming over today and will bring me one.

Thanks for you help Susan. I will let you know when I get it working!

Keith S. :{)>
Old 07-08-2010, 07:18 AM

Success!

My dad brought over some generic USB flash drives, and I ordered an 8G one. Copied the songs that I had put on the formatted MP3 player-and it worked! Now I need to organize it so I can find songs faster. Not sure what order it was playing the songs, maybe date order?

Thanks for your help!

Old 07-08-2010, 07:51 AM

sooznd is on a distinguished road

Woo Hoo- glad it worked! 8gb should have you set for some long road trips

As far as I can tell there is no random shuffle like on an Ipod, but if you put the flash drive in your computer, you can order the songs however you like--by alpha sort, artist, genre.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:27 AM

Bohemian is on a distinguished road

There is TRACK Random and FOLDER Random. Depending on your head unit it is in the owners manual. Default is alpha by folder then track.
Old 10-10-2010, 04:49 PM

melliefit is on a distinguished road

i am very confused i just purchased a new 2010 honda fit... trying to get a mp3 player to work.. it is a fat32 file system...976 MB... it recongizes it but then does not play any of the songs on it... my other mp3 player says unsupported so i tried this one and that is what happens .. can someone please help!!
Old 10-11-2010, 09:39 AM

Cool I wasn't...

Quote:
Originally Posted by melliefit View Post
i am very confused i just purchased a new 2010 honda fit... trying to get a mp3 player to work.. it is a fat32 file system...976 MB... it recongizes it but then does not play any of the songs on it... my other mp3 player says unsupported so i tried this one and that is what happens .. can someone please help!!
able to get any MP3 players to work, only generic flash drives.

2010 Blackberry Pearl Fit Sport
Old 10-11-2010, 09:48 AM
manxman

I use only an MP3 player through the AUX jack. But, IIRC from many other posts on the various Fit forums, in order for flash drives to work with the Ipod connector in the glove box, the music files have to be formatted through Itunes. Generic MP3-4 files don't work through the Ipod connector. Since I have not done this myself, I have no idea if what I just said was written correctly. Good luck!
Old 10-12-2010, 06:12 AM

Cool Actually...

Quote:
Originally Posted by manxman View Post
I use only an MP3 player through the AUX jack. But, IIRC from many other posts on the various Fit forums, in order for flash drives to work with the Ipod connector in the glove box, the music files have to be formatted through Itunes. Generic MP3-4 files don't work through the Ipod connector. Since I have not done this myself, I have no idea if what I just said was written correctly. Good luck!
Generic MP3 files do work, only not on an MP3 player (I even formatted one and it would not work).

If you put the files on a plain flash drive (No MP3 Player software), they work just fine.

Flash drives are slightly cheaper than the MP3 players as they do not require any controls or software.

2010 Blackberry Pearl Fit Sport
Old 04-08-2013, 12:36 AM

anthony11 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by manxman View Post
"Only AAC format files recorded with iTunes are playable on this audio unit". Also, manual recommends drives with 256 Mbyte memory or higher.

So, my entire MP3 library will not play because the data is the wrong format, and not recorded from iTunes.
I recognize that this is an old thread, but for the benefit of others who stumble across it I have to note that the first statement above does not mean the latter. I suspect that what it really means is that AAC files with DRM from the ITMS won't play, as one would expect. Pretty much *everything* can play MP3 files, except maybe weird Sony gear that uses their goofy proprietary format.

We just bought a 2013 Fit and I'll be seeing if my wife's iPhone 5 and my iPhone 4s work as sources when plugged into the USB cable. I predict that she will not be happy if it doesn't and won't like plugging into the analog aux port -- but most of her music was purchased from the ITMS and has DRM. I buy CD's and rip them to avoid the DRM hassles. Maybe I'll need to do the iTunes Match thing to get DRM-free copies of her stuff.