Honda Fit Forums  

Go Back   Honda Fit Forums > Fit Forums > Wheels & Tires

Wheels & Tires Anything wheel or tire related post here.

Old 04-27-2012, 10:14 AM

EMC2 is on a distinguished road
Default Will Kosei K1 Racing 15x7, 4x100 fit?

I am considering to purchase a used set of Kosei K1 Racing rims for my 2007 Fit. The size is 15x7, 4x100 with +38 offset. I called Tire Rack to confirm the sizing and they told me that the Kosei K1 Racing wheels will not fit the 2007 Fit. They advised that only the Kosei K1 TS will fit my car.

Is this true? Or will the Kosei K1 Racing wheels fit my car? I am thinking of installing 195/50/15 tires on them (if the wheels do fit my car).

Last edited by EMC2; 04-27-2012 at 10:19 AM.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:35 PM

Question

I received a more detailed response from Tire Rack pertaining to the Koseis: All of the 7” wide fitments for the Honda Fit, especially with offsets lower than ET45 are all going to be aggressive fitments. There’s a bolt end on the rear trim that sticks out into the rear wheel well and if that’s not trimmed or ground down, it will rub. Pretty much all 7” or wider wheels will have the sidewall out into that bolt under full compression or when there are people sitting in the back of the car. As long as you know it may rub under these circumstances we can sell you the wheel and it will fit the car.

My question is- is this a big deal, or not?
Old 04-27-2012, 04:04 PM

EXWRX is on a distinguished road

Whether that is a big deal to you is something only you can answer. I wouldn't put rims on my car with less than +42 offset, and would try for +45 or more.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:50 AM
Administrator

claymore is on a distinguished road

The bolt removal or grinding it down is not too bad a job if you have a dremel type tool.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:46 AM

macbuddy will become famous soon enoughmacbuddy will become famous soon enough
Default Maybe it's just me...

My RP-F1's are +41 offset. Even those used to rub, until the tires eventually wore the inner fender liners away. My GD3 is lowered ~2" front, and ~1" rear. Even now, they will occasionally rub in certain situations.
My set of AutoX wheels are +38 offset. Those will rub during hard cornering, even on a smooth track. For a "Daily Driver," I personally could not live with a car that scrubs that eagerly!
I tend to agree with EXWRX. I could not recommend mounting anything with an offset more aggressive than +41.
Last week, I rode in a similarly lowered GD3 that scrubbed on nearly every bump, and during every spirited maneuver. Owning a Fit, set up like that, would drive me absolutely insane!
Maybe it's just me.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:13 PM

My Fit is not lowered, so would that still cause the rubbing issues?