Honda Fit Forums  

Go Back   Honda Fit Forums > The Lounge > Doesn't Fit???

Doesn't Fit??? Off Topic Discussion, anything that doesn't Fit!

Old 02-23-2011, 01:38 AM
Administrator

claymore is on a distinguished road

Started getting a flashing sometimes oil pressure idiot light the other day. I remember seeing one separate wire when the intake manifold was off when I was adjusting my valves but didn't think much about it at the time.

Having a owner installed oil pressure gauge I knew it wasn't bad oil pressure as the gauge was reading normally so I drove it until today when I had some time.

Got it jacked up and on jack stands and checked the wire going to the stock oil pressure sender and sure enough the wire connector was loose on the sender.

So a quick clean up of grime on the engine just to keep thing clean and a quick squeeze of the butt end connector to make the open space smaller and tried it on the connection and perfect nice and tight again.

So down off the jackstands and started it up and the light was off as it should be, turned the engine off and switched back to the second (run) position and the light was on with the other warning lights as it should be so done.

Simple repair as it took less time to repair than jacking it up and putting it on jackstands but it goes to show having your own gauge in addition to the idiot light prevented a lot of problems for me.

If I didn't have the gauge and knew the oil pressure was OK and the light came on I probably would have turned off the engine on the spot and had the car towed home so I could check it but since I had the gauge I knew for sure it wasn't bad oil pressure and saved myself a tow.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:03 PM

macbuddy will become famous soon enoughmacbuddy will become famous soon enough
Default Finally fixed my foglight tonight...

About a month ago, the inevitable happened, a rock cracked the lens on my driver-side fog light. The light still works, but there was a 1/4" gap left in the middle of the lens.

To save it from further damage, I Superglued the hairline cracks with Pasco Fix. Next, I had to find something to patch that hole, I didn't want water or debris to get in there. I searched the garage for something to patch it up. After a few minutes of rummaging through my stuff, I found something perfect for the job.
With a steady hand, and a bit more Superglue, I attached the "patch." Project done!

Now, people will stop saying, "Hey, did you know your foglight is broken?"

Old 03-01-2011, 02:26 AM
Administrator

Cool crazy seeing a spider on there.
Old 03-01-2011, 02:30 AM
Administrator

Finally got my new favorite person at the new Honda dealer I just started using to look up the horns for an Accord and got both. Cost was the equivalent of just $24.67 for both so I bought them. I was going to use just the low note for $12.00 but thought what the heck for that price I will get both. Look for another DIY on installing them soon.

Forgot the numbers and over here they were for the low 381000-STK-A02 and the high was 381150-TAO-A01. Both from 06-08 Accord.

Last edited by claymore; 03-01-2011 at 02:33 AM.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:14 AM

sooznd is on a distinguished road

Does this model accord horn work on the GE8 as well? Changing out the Fit's "meep meep" horn is one of my spring time projects.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:03 AM
manxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooznd View Post
Does this model accord horn work on the GE8 as well? Changing out the Fit's "meep meep" horn is one of my spring time projects.
Yes, any Honda horn will work on a Fit, and any after-market horn will also work. I used a Wolo "Bad Boy" air horn, but also used the in-line relay that was supplied with that horn.

Anything other than a single, stock Honda horn will draw more amperage than the stock Fit horn that you are replacing, so you may so need a relay to avoid blowing the fuse in your horn circuit with the extra current needed for air horns or double horns.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:35 AM
Administrator

I seem to remember mine having two horns stock but it's been awhile since the front was off so I will have to check.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:14 AM
manxman

One horn is strictly for the security system, and the other is what you hear when you push the horn button on the wheel.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:25 AM
Administrator

We do not have a security system on ours. But I just checked the manual and there is only one horn.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:31 AM
manxman

For sooznd and other interested parties, USDM Fits do have two horns, but the really weak beeps that you hear when you lock the doors with the remote come from the tiny horn for the security system.