Honda Fit Forums  

Go Back   Honda Fit Forums > The Lounge > Doesn't Fit???

Doesn't Fit??? Off Topic Discussion, anything that doesn't Fit!

Old 03-02-2011, 07:40 AM
Administrator

claymore is on a distinguished road

Well we are moving into our rainy season after 4 months of no rain so I had to re-install my passenger side windshield wiper. Looks much cleaner without it but we get some pretty nasty downpours so it is needed now.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:39 PM

sooznd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by manxman View Post
For sooznd and other interested parties, USDM Fits do have two horns, but the really weak beeps that you hear when you lock the doors with the remote come from the tiny horn for the security system.

Dave- so if I wanted to replace both to get rid of the weak "meep"-- would I need get 2 Honda Accord horns? Assuming since they are both Honda- I would not need a relay switch?
Old 03-02-2011, 02:53 PM
manxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooznd View Post
Dave- so if I wanted to replace both to get rid of the weak "meep"-- would I need get 2 Honda Accord horns? Assuming since they are both Honda- I would not need a relay switch?
If you get an Accord horn to replace the stock one that works with the horn button on the steering wheel, you probably won't need a relay- just unbolt the stock horn and remove the stock wire and install the new one with the same wire. You would need a relay for any after-market air horn like Wolo, Fiamm, and others.

Accords use two horns, high and low tone, with the steering wheel horn button. Just one of those horns would be louder than the stock Fit horn. If you used both Accord horns, it is possible that a relay would be needed, but since I don't know the amperage rating of the two horns, I can't say for sure. However, relays are cheap and easy to install. Having a relay and not really needing it is better than the opposite condition. If you use a high-powered horn and don't install a relay for it, you will constantly blow the horn fuse, and/or burn up the horn wire, leaving you without any way to warn off other drivers.

The security system horn is on a completely different circuit, and the security horn is located behind one of the fenders (not easy to get to like the main horn).. I left mine where it was and didn't touch it because I like not having a loud horn beeping every time I lock the car. I would bet that if larger Honda vehicles have similar security systems, they would also have a lower sound output horn in those systems.

Annoyingly loud car alarms have lost popularity with the buying public and are looked down upon by law enforcement because they don't act as much of a deterrent for criminals, nobody walking by a beeping car does anything about it, and car owners are usually in a mall or something, so they don't even hear their own car alarm unless they have a remote that also alarms during a break-in. So, for Honda as a car maker, there is no need to install a loud horn for the security system. For that, you would need an after-market security system that will probably come with a big siren that you don't have room for under your hood anyway.

Last edited by manxman; 03-02-2011 at 03:04 PM.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:08 AM
Administrator

Accord horns are 4 amp 12volt. Both of them are the same.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:26 AM

I will just replace the main horn then. If the security horn were easier to access, I would do that as well, but doesn't seem worth it.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:59 PM

EXWRX is on a distinguished road

Took a king size mattress home IN it!! It was collapsed down via a vacuum process, kinda like those bags you see on television where they take a 2 foot tall stack of clothes and put it in a bag hooked up to a vacuum cleaner and then it's 6 inches tall.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:01 PM

Did you get one of those memory foam mattresses? I bought one last year and it is so comfortable
Old 03-03-2011, 06:42 PM

EXWRX is on a distinguished road

It is topped with memory foam and has individual sleeved coils as well. I liked the feel of it better than the memory foam ones I tried.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:46 AM
Administrator

That is one more reason our fit/Jazz are such a versatile vehicle.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:42 PM
Administrator

Dragged out the vacuum and windex and gave the interior a good cleaning. Also found the rubber trim around the inside of the doors turning whitish again. It's the rubber trim piece that runs next to the rubber that seals the doors when they are closed and after about 6 months it starts to turn color to become white looking. But using a piece of rag and working carefully not to get any on the headliner an application of tire dressing of your choice works great turning it nice and black again. The only drawback is the inside will smell of the tire dressing for a couple days until it drys out.