Honda Fit Forums  

Go Back   Honda Fit Forums > Fit Forums > Wheels & Tires

Wheels & Tires Anything wheel or tire related post here.

Old 11-15-2009, 02:16 AM

macbuddy will become famous soon enoughmacbuddy will become famous soon enough
Default ...I tried...

Quote:
Originally Posted by claymore View Post
Hey mike could you carry that out a couple more places to be really accurate
Hey John,
Sorry but that was the best that I could do with the equipment, and conditions that I had to work with at the time.

Cheers,
-macbuddy-

PS- I should probably wash the rims before weighing them too, huh?
Old 11-15-2009, 03:52 AM

macbuddy will become famous soon enoughmacbuddy will become famous soon enough
Default ...38 is not enough...

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeamans17 View Post
What is the most common offset people are running on the Fit? I will be buying one in the future and my first pickup will be suspension and rims.
yeamans17,
Like hotwheelz said, the OEM offset is 55mm, however some GD3 owners report using offsets of 40mm without issues. I don't know what the minimum is, but I can tell you what I have experienced.
For what it's worth, during extreme cornering loads at my last AutoX event, I found my tires scrubbing the inside front fender well lips, way more than I could endure. I was running Kosei K1 TS 14x6 38mm offset wheels, mounted with Kumho Ecsta V710 205/55R14 tires at the time.
Prior to purchase, I anticipated that running this combo might pose a problem. Regardless, I took a chance, and ordered them anyway. I was hoping that the slightly smaller diameter of the 14" rims would give me enough clearance. In practice however, I found that running 14x6 38mm offset wheels, on my GD3, just didn't suit my "enthusiastic" driving style. Maybe I could get away with running a set of 195/55R14 tires, but that would mean giving up some valuable "contact patch." Maybe increasing the ride height would work, but that would mean raising the "CG." I don't know if "rolling" the fender lips would give enough room, I haven't tried that yet.
Anyway, I just thought I'd throw this at you, just so you know.
-macbuddy-
Old 12-15-2009, 06:49 PM

VillageIdiot is on a distinguished road

Yeah macbuddy, but the stance looks goood. I say drop it lower, get some wheel spacers and take some pictures with pretty teenage Asian beauties....I know of an auto forum that would love for you to post them on one of their special threads..... Why don't we have that kind of thread here???
Old 05-18-2010, 05:54 PM

Tinyvan is on a distinguished road

My volks are 16X7 +42 I dint have many problems with rubbing, untill this summer when I lowered the car a bit more up front. My BBS are in the ballpark of +32. Im honestly a bit nerves/exited to get those on but I'm almost positive they will have a bit of poke so I'm going be in hardcore rub city.