Honda Fit Forums  

Go Back   Honda Fit Forums > Fit Forums > Wheels & Tires

Wheels & Tires Anything wheel or tire related post here.

Old 04-17-2014, 03:33 AM
Administrator

claymore is on a distinguished road
Default YAY got nice new tires

Finally got a nice new set of Goodyear Eagle NCT 5 tires for the Jazz stock 185/55R/15 size. Total mounted balanced and installed was the equivalent of EDIT: I made a mistake in my calculations and the correct price was $298.00 NOT $305.00

If feels strange driving on them with a lot of thread feels like the car "wiggles" more when turning.

I know some people don't like theirs but I got 9 years and 41300 KM on them and they still hadn't come even close to the wear bar. But they were nine years old made in 2005 so it was time.

while they were dismounted installed a new set of metal valve stems that I had bought in the USA two trips ago. For less than $10.00 they are a good investment.

In fact the state Police department I worked for if they found a rubber valve stem in your wheels it was a week off with no pay violation so we had to keep an eye on the installers when they were replacing our tires. We had to change them a lot as we put on 80,000-90,000 miles a year. But the good thing was when you hit about 100,000 miles you got a new car so about every two years or so nice new cop car.

Last edited by claymore; 04-19-2014 at 09:29 PM.
Old 04-17-2014, 06:42 AM
Administrator

Man getting the tires today brought back some memories. The bad was remembering working in 95 f. outside temps inside a flat roof sweat box of a non-A/C garage like it was today when I was installing the new valve stems and using thinner to clean the inside of the wheels. your safety glasses keep getting fogged over from your sweat LOL.

The better part was remembering the strong smell of new tires while working in a tire shop for SHORT time.

The good part was the day I moved on LOL.
Old 06-20-2014, 12:22 PM

camper03 is on a distinguished road

Just got new tires for my 2012 Sport. I have only 26,800 miles on the car. They were the original Dunlops. Needless to say, I did not buy those ones. Also needed front end aligned.
Old 06-20-2014, 11:48 PM
Administrator

I was surprised my Goodyears did as good as they did some reports of people bitching about them but I had no problems.
Old 06-21-2014, 01:47 AM

macbuddy will become famous soon enoughmacbuddy will become famous soon enough

I was able to go 51,000 miles on my OEM SP31 Dunlop 195/55R15s. Unlike what I've heard from a lot of other GD3 owners, I thought these were a pretty decent set of tires. I prolly could have gotten better life on them if I were able to "calm down" my driving style.